The Official #1 Tennessee vs Notre Dame Super Regional Games Thread (Fri 6/10 6PM EST ESPN 2) ( Sat. 6/11 2PM EST ESPN ) (Sun. 6/12 1PM EST ESPN)

Yea heck, had he pulled him, we might be sitting here bioching about how the bullpen blew it and Tony never should have taken the ball from Burns.
Yeah, hindsight is always 20/20. Burns pitched a really good game. I thought if we could get him through the 7th we would win. Hats off to ND, they've gotta veteran team and were bound to get hits. Great season and I'm excited for next.

Hope your right, Burke is dynamite but way too many SOs for him

TV and staff will have Burke turned into a well oiled machine by next season. Look at what he’s done with our players the past few years.

Today really, really sucked and it’s really easy to get sucked into the feeling that we all know too well from years of being Vols fans, students and alumni. But theres so much different now and every reason to believe we are going to be at the top sooner rather than later in most of our sports.

This may have been posted already:
The Volunteers led the nation in home runs and earned run average entering super regional play. Tennessee entered the game 49-0 when leading after six innings.

Reactions: VolPack22
We may have loss the game when we did not flip the switch on in the 4th and 5th innings. We made too many errors, played tight and got comfortable. It's ok. We made Mental mistakes as well. You just can't say it was Burns it contributed but we lost a little killer instinct and did not produce runs where we had in the past...This was a team loss period....

All true but our odds of winning that game increase by 50% if we exit that inning tied. Thats all I am saying.

Reactions: Sudden Impact
I’m still just moping around this evening. This one hurt bad and it’s gonna linger for a while. Thank all of you again for everything this season.

Won’t be long before the baseVols will be kicking butt again and we’ll be gleefully posting away in your threads. How long til Fall ball starts @vol66?

This was a fun season and it still stings now..(Tom Hanks said, “ there is no crying in baseball”.. and we won’t, but we will remember this special group of players and coaches that gave “Volnation” lots to cheer about.
It’s been real for me to engage with all the true fans and I hope we are lots to cheer about in the fall.
Stay blessed and let’s get together in the fall and get our football team up and running!

Yeah, hindsight is always 20/20. Burns pitched a really good game. I thought if we could get him through the 7th we would win. Hats off to ND, they've gotta veteran team and were bound to get hits. Great season and I'm excited for next.

Yup. I was trying to ride his hot arm thru the 7th, and then turn it over to Red for the last six outs. Backseat coaching is 20/20.

VN Store

Back