The Official #1 Tennessee vs. Missouri Game Thread, 9:00 PM ET, ESPN2

ESPN snack caked us AGAIN for Duke and Michigan State.

I don't even get frustrated with it anymore, its just what it is.
Michigan St I get. But BC at Duke? That’s easily the worst game of the night

I've been reading other fanbase forums before we play them in basketball. Barnes seems to be almost universally liked by rival fans and most even admit that they like this team in general. Kind of odd to be No. 1 in the nation and not only not be hated, but also liked.

He’s the Antichrist in Memphis, because of Anfernee’s childish propaganda.

Reactions: Vol49er
Don’t see them covering the 17 points, but it should be another double digit win .

Don’t see them covering the 17 points, but it should be another double digit win .
If Missouri can keep from turning it over, then I agree. We don’t force too many, and it will help Mizzou play the slow plodding pace that they prefer. Could be enough to keep it closer than 17.

I can't stand Cuonzo ball. Get a lead early and don't let up. They can't play catch up ball.

Reactions: Power T-Rev
I want our guys 100% totally focused and playing their very best and have Mizzou blown out by 1/2 way through the 2nd half!

Get our starters some extra rest and, most importantly, get all of our other players some meaningful minutes and more real game knowledge and experience.

We may need those other guys before this season is over and have them more prepared for next season too.

Let's go Vols...STOMP Mizzou!!!

VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: FlVols
Get it VolBall! Big win tonight, get the starters some rest in 2nd half to get up and ready for CheckerThompson and the guest Gators on Saturday! Go Vols!!

Good story in today's KNS about CCM and CRB complimenting each other and an encouter between the two at an Augusta, Georgia hotel where Martin told Barnes he would love the fans at Tennessee and it is a good read.

I've been reading other fanbase forums before we play them in basketball. Barnes seems to be almost universally liked by rival fans and most even admit that they like this team in general. Kind of odd to be No. 1 in the nation and not only not be hated, but also liked.
Don’t read the Kentucky boards then... according to them grant gets all the calls, our team is full of thugs and we shouldn’t be able to enjoy this great year because we don’t have their tradition. Rupp rafters seems to consist of some of the worst people I’ve ever witnessed. Totally despicable people.

STORYLINES

Cuonzo Martin coached the Vols for three seasons from 2011-14.

VFL and former All-SEC Tennessee forward Jeronne Maymon (2010-14) is now a graduate assistant on the Mizzou basketball staff.

Tennessee's average home attendance of 18,406 ranks fourth nationally.

This is Rick Barnes' longest win streak since he led Texas to a 17-0 start to open the 2009-10 season.

At tipoff Tuesday, 73 full days will have elapsed since Tennessee's last loss.

This is Tennessee's best start to SEC play since it won its first eight league games in 1981-82.

The Vols have shot 50 percent or better 15 times this season and rank second in the country with a .516 field-goal percentage.

Point guard Jordan Bone owns the sixth-best assist/turnover ratio in the country (3.56).
Yankee Vol, Thanks for all the information in the game threads. I can come here and get in 5 minutes all the information I need leading into the game. Nice work.

Reactions: Coach_Z
I hope Dane Bradshaw is the color guy tonight. He remains one of my favorite Vols of all time.

Reactions: Coach_Z
Line now UT -18
I’d take MU and the points, Missouri will probably hit a decent amount of 3s if we continue to play D like we have. I would expect something like an 11 or 12 point win for the Vols, though I am often wrong about things

VN Store

Back