The Official #1 Tennessee vs. Missouri Game Thread, 9:00 PM ET, ESPN2

Are we a lost cause on the defensive glass?

Yeah, we aren’t going to be an elite rebounding team. Normally with how good the offense and how fast we play I’m not overly concerned but the fact we routinely get outscored beyond the three point line it might haunt us

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Yeah, we aren’t going to be an elite rebounding team. Normally with how good the offense and how fast we play I’m not overly concerned but the fact we routinely get outscored beyond the three point line it might haunt us
Yeah seems like we need to figure one of those things out. I am somewhat concerned that a lot of those offensive boards lead to fouls which isn’t a position we want our front court to be in pivotal games. Also when we’re slowed down to play half court..

Last edited:
Florida is better than their record but they lose again tonight and barring a miracle, I don't see them making the tourney. That being said, they're still dangerous... especially if Allen is making shots
And We have the target on our back. Every team gets up for number one.

Certainly not worse than Vandy or even Bama imo
Yeah, thought about Candy after I posted, but that was on the road and a rival. Bama, imo, is just a bad match-up for the Vols the last 2 years. Hope we don't see them in the SEC Tournament

Reactions: golfballs
Yeah seems like we need to figure one of those things out. I am somewhat concerned that a lot of those offensive boards lead to fouls which isn’t a position we want our front court to be in pivotal games. Also when we’re slowed down to play half court..

Barnes pulled multiple guys for not getting boards

I’m concerned that if Duke plays to their potential, I’m not sure anyone can beat them. Zion is a gerarional talent. But UT will have the best chance.

At this moment Grant will wear Zion out, but in the long run Zion will be a superstar.

With Duke playing at UVA Louisville, UNC, and Va Tech the next few games our wins will only solidify our ranking
We don't need to play at peak performance until Feb 16 in Lexington - we just need to beat UF and USCe
If we can win on their court we should be capable of winning on ours.
Hard to imagine another night with such poor scoring from Bone, Turner & Bowden even Grant and Admiral were off their usual pace

Last edited:
One of Florida’s biggest problems is Jalen Hudson. That guy sucks and shoots the ball way too much.

VN Store

Back