The Official #1 Tennessee vs Lipscomb Tuesday Game Thread (6:30PM EST)

Anyone else worried about our offense? Only scored 21 runs over our last 4

I'm not worried. Could be a number of factor involved: weather, opponent's pitching, individual performances and daily grind (some may go into mini-slumps of sorts from time to time). I'm not concerned as long as we have a few in our lineup consistently scoring.

A point that I haven't heard discussed from the talking heads is the fact that the Vols have managed to lead the nation in many categories while not having to bat in the ninth inning. We have played 20 games at home and 9 games away. So in 2/3rds of our games we have not batted in the ninth. It makes the run even more impressive in my eyes.

I was at the game last night......awful weather! Very strange vibe. Cold, wind, rain on and off. If you were there you know what I'm talking about. Just a strange night.

On the awesome side of things: Beck's bomb was historic! I sit next to the scouts. They were all fevorishly writing in their books even as the ball was still going. Had to be 450 ft. plus....

In your best estimate. How far did that ball travel? I couldn’t even see it land from that angle or the broadcast last night!! What a freakin hoss! Stat That! They showed movies on that flight! That ball was hit so far NASA is tracking it! Mike Honcho is also the Head Honcho in the SEC. Did anyone else see him standing next to Elko from Ole Miss? Jordan Beck is a freak of nature!!

In your best estimate. How far did that ball travel? I couldn’t even see it land from that angle or the broadcast last night!! What a freakin hoss! Stat That! They showed movies on that flight! That ball was hit so far NASA is tracking it! Mike Honcho is also the Head Honcho in the SEC. Did anyone else see him standing next to Elko from Ole Miss? Jordan Beck is a freak of nature!!
He reminds me of a baseball video game they had at the arcades back in the late 80’s.

Last edited:

landed past the sidewalk across the street according to someone on twitter.

Then it wouldn’t be a complete 9 inning game. The number has to end at some point to record the outs required. It’s a puzzler.
Ah, I see where you're going. I would posit that "how many strikeouts can occur in a game" results in an infinity answer. I suppose the max number that could occur in a "complete" game is indeterminate, since a game can never be completed if one must reach infinity (always one more strikeout to achieve) to do so.

Reactions: peerless98
Ah, I see where you're going. I would posit that "how many strikeouts can occur in a game" results in an infinity answer. I suppose the max number that could occur in a "complete" game is indeterminate, since a game can never be completed if one must reach infinity (always one more strikeout to achieve) to do so.
What you said! LOL

Reactions: peerless98
Anyone else worried about our offense? Only scored 21 runs over our last 4
Vandy pitching is better than a lot of people give them credit for, and that was a road SEC series. Last night was crappy weather and a trap game in between two SEC series. If the weather is nice this weekend the bats will wake back up.

Vandy pitching is better than a lot of people give them credit for, and that was a road SEC series. Last night was crappy weather and a trap game in between two SEC series. If the weather is nice this weekend the bats will wake back up.
Weather forecast is chilly and damp. Brrrr.

Oh man, Scully . . . Joe Garagiola . . . Jack Buck . . . Harry Carey . . . man, I miss listening to those guys!! Calling baseball the right way, with stories mingled into the game . . . good times!

Tim McCarver, Joe Morgan, Dizzy Dean, Pee Wee Reese, Jon Miller (SF Giants). Miller is the best of the best, IMHO.

Reactions: BigDave
I listened to Harry Carey call a play where the same player hit it, threw it from right field, and applied the tag at second. I remember my mom saying something about it being a little early in the day to be that drunk lol

But he sure could sing Take Me Out to the Ballgame at Wrigley. No one cared by the mid 7th if he was drunk or not. Everyone else was drunk by then, too! I used to worry he would one day fall out of the booth when he leaned out to sing it.

VN Store

Back