The Official #1 Tennessee vs Kentucky SEC Tourney Game Thread (Saturday Time TBD EST SEC Network)

Hopefully Drew Beam is able to leave that Drew Beam back in Hoover. Lucky that he didn't give up way more than he did. [I think that almost 3 run homer was one of his pitches, right?]

Hopefully Drew Beam is able to leave that Drew Beam back in Hoover. Lucky that he didn't give up way more than he did. [I think that almost 3 run homer was one of his pitches, right?]
I feel like he settled in nice and the outing was just what the doctor ordered headed into regionals but maybe that's just me

For those who attended the games, is parking easy to find? Are there restaurants and hotels near the stadium? Thanks

What? He pitched 3.1 innings, gave up zero runs, and struck out 6 with 4 walks. His command was a little off but every team in the country would put him in their starting rotation.

2am and I just heard something in my backyard.

Nevermind, it was just Burke’s ball landing.
tennessee-baseball-tennessee.gif

What? He pitched 3.1 innings, gave up zero runs, and struck out 6 with 4 walks. His command was a little off but every team in the country would put him in their starting rotation.

That's a season high 4 walks in 3.1 innings. Uncharacteristic, and I hope he leaves that in Hoover.

Didn't think that was that crazy of a thing to say, heh.

And while he didn't give up a run, that foul ball was damn close to being a 3 run homer for UK and a 9+ ERA night. [I mean, that was Beam, right? Neither person that replied interacted with that part of my comment, and I cannot even find the live stats for the game to check if I'm wrong about that.]

Well, giving up 0 runs is of course the important thing--but you want a starter to go more than 3 innings, obviously, and you can't walk 4 in that short a stint; you are asking for trouble. A bona fide starter should be going 5-6 innings regularly. I know we've got a lot of pitching depth, but you don't necessarily want to throw 4 pitchers a game.

Reactions: HeadVol77 and vol94

VN Store

Back