The Official #1 Tennessee vs Florida SEC Tourney Championship Game Thread (Sunday May 29 3PM EST ESPN2)

So about my time in hoover, it was an absolute blast. I'm 40, been a lifelong UT, real UT fan. My first game attending was my Vols against UCLA football in the rose bowl. We lost. I then made it to SC and a cupcake game last season. First time in Neyland is a real eye opener for everything I have missed my whole life. Amazing experience. And my Vols won both.

Today at the Hoover Met could not be reached again, nor last night. I feel bad for the two gentlemen in front of me on Saturday night that left just before Burke's homer. They were talking all night about the air being too thick. Burke didn't care about the air lol. Then today, was legitimately 75% orange.

All this to say "I said it's great to be a Tennessee Vol"

The boys are back in town.
Glad you made it back safe, did you greet the players when they returned?

In my usual Pat on the back kinda way, but yes I was there. We had to go right past there, so why not. Thrill for the kid to say “nice pitching” to Chase Burns and him responding with “Thanks!” The players were very gracious and as whooped and glad to be home as we are, I know they’re more whooped and glad to be home, but it’s back to work soon for them right quick.

Just the way I am, but I consider Tennessee. baseball as entertainment, and I’ve been thoroughly entertained the last two seasons……whether they win it all or not, it’s not going to bother me one bit. I’d love to see the natty come to UT however if they fall short, whooptydo, I’ll be back next year and I’m sure I’ll be entertained again. Folks get too bent out of shape over athletics, just my opinion.
I wish I had written this. Add 100 likes to your total. ♥

Jared Dickey's mom sat behind us at Hoover on Sunday. Nice lady! I congratulated her on her son's recovery & base hit in his first return to duty. Once when Evan Russell got dinged behind the plate, I asked her if Jared had ever been a catcher..."YES, & he's hoping to be the Vols' catcher next season". News to me. :cool:

Jared Dickey's mom sat behind us at Hoover on Sunday. Nice lady! I congratulated her on her son's recovery & base hit in his first return to duty. Once when Evan Russell got dinged behind the plate, I asked her if Jared had ever been a catcher..."YES, & he's hoping to be the Vols' catcher next season". News to me. :cool:

I’m jellie …nice !!!

Dickey actually had several starts at catcher earlier in the year before his foot issues

Quick question, and it may have been answered earlier but I ain't looking through all the posts.

Did Walsh get credited with a save?
Never saw anyone answer, sorry if someone did and I missed it.

It was NOT a save opportunity. No.

Idk if the college rules are exactly like MLB, but in mlb you have to be ahead by 3 or less runs (or have runners on base that would make it so if they were to later score.)

Walsh entered the game with us leading 8-3, which is a 5 differential and too large.

VN Store

Back