The Official #1 Tennessee vs. Florida Game Thread, 4:00 PM ET, ESPN (Checker TBA)

I wonder if I can use the app on my phone at home here in Fl or if you have to be in the gym? It is a cool app and a great idea!

I just downloaded it because I was interested in the question myself. It says phones must be able to "hear ultrasonic signals to activate the light show." So I'm assuming the answer is no. You have to be there.

Rick Barnes the Alligator Hunter.

Stay away from those sting-rays, Rick.

(Is it too soon, still?)

Johnnyreb - love your avatar. I don't even know how to make an avatar. But if I did I would probably copy and paste yours :)

Reactions: Johnnyreb#VFL
I just downloaded it because I was interested in the question myself. It says phones must be able to "hear ultrasonic signals to activate the light show." So I'm assuming the answer is no. You have to be there.
Thanks. That’s what I figured, but it is a really cool app. Looking forward to 4:00 today and watching our Vols in Checkered TBA with a big win. Go Vols! Whip the Gators!!! #BeatFlorida

ESPN Gameday has hardly mentioned our UT Vols in the first 30 minutes. I know they are at the VA/ Dook game, but you would think #1 would be worth a mention?

ESPN Gameday has hardly mentioned our UT Vols in the first 30 minutes. I know they are at the VA/ Dook game, but you would think #1 would be worth a mention?
They are about to talk about who is #1, in which I'm sure they will mention Tenn only to say UVA or Duke is #1.

Reactions: UT-Rex
They are about to talk about who is #1, in which I'm sure they will mention Tenn only to say UVA or Duke is #1.
Just caught them saying that when I typed and posted. You are prob right they’ll say we are now, but then they’ll say we won’t be soon. LOL

I bet the Duke/UVA winner will be number 1 next week regardless of what we do today. We'll see. If we win I think we still fall to #2. If we lose (as if...) we fall further. Hope I'm wrong but that's what I expect. I wish Zion would take Pippen's advice and sit the rest of the season to prep for the NBA draft.

I bet the Duke/UVA winner will be number 1 next week regardless of what we do today. We'll see. If we win I think we still fall to #2. If we lose (as if...) we fall further. Hope I'm wrong but that's what I expect. I wish Zion would take Pippen's advice and sit the rest of the season to prep for the NBA draft.
Tennessee won't fall from #1 without a loss or a close game with FL.

Reactions: TennTom
Interesting thought...but I don’t agree. As long as we win I don’t see us dropping from #1. If we were to lose though (and I don’t believe we will) I could see us dropping to 3 or 4.

I truly don’t see it and would bet big money otherwise, looks like another case of BVS to me.

Reactions: Big time vol
ESPN is going to hype Kentucky to upset us big time for the Game day next week, so perhaps it would be in their best interest if we remain number one. (Edit: and I so hope Louisville beats Duke Tuesday)

ESPN is going to hype Kentucky to upset us big time for the Game day next week, so perhaps it would be in their best interest if we remain number one. (Edit: and I so hope Louisville beats Duke Tuesday)
Yeah, I don’t believe we are going to lose today, but I do think everyone would love for us to not be #1 so that their love fest with Duke and Kentucky could come out of the closet completely. Anyway...Go Vols! Whip the Gators!!

I agree that whoever wins that game will take more first place votes than they currently have and pull closer to Tennessee. But it would take about half the voters who currently have UT #1 to switch the order of their ballot. Seems like a lot.

Nope. Don't see that happening if we win

VN Store

Back