The Official #1 Tennessee vs Campbell Regional Game Thread Saturday 6/4 (7PM EST SEC NETWORK)

I guess I am trying to draw a distinction between that belief you can win and a certainty you will win. Here is the thing I am thinking about. I think they will struggle to win today. It is hard to come back when you are winning and losing with your emotions. They looked spent.

They have spent a whole lot of emotional capital riding the underdog/victim/don'tgetnorespect schtick a little too long last night, putting up homemade signs that said "nobodies," etc. That can't last forever, and Lawson's homer put a pin in that balloon. Sooner or later they have to take down an elite team if they want respect.

No one is getting reprimanded unless they directly call out a player or coach by name. You can say whatever you like but when negative comments are squarely directed to a player, it’s unacceptable.
I’ll also add that dropping in and being argumentative and getting personal right out of the gate is frowned upon too….

No one is getting reprimanded unless they directly call out a player or coach by name. You can say whatever you like but when negative comments are squarely directed to a player, it’s unacceptable.

I think you are overreacting. Banning regular posters that are positive 99.9% of the time makes no sense. But since you are a mod on here, you do you.

Just wanna say that most of us love the drama free Tennessee Vols baseball fans family type atmosphere that has been created here. Do we get frustrated at times? Probably. But we think before we type. We don’t want arguments and people slamming the players and coaches. There is no need for that.

We have an amazing team filled with players who excel on and off the field and we choose to respect them. We love Tennessee, our team, our players, our coaches, this forum, and each other. This is my favorite board for that very reason. Go Vols! 🧡

I think you are overreacting. Banning regular posters that are positive 99.9% of the time makes no sense. But since you are a mod on here, you do you.
They are still free to post in other baseball threads or even start their own, it’s not like they are banned from the forum, just that particular thread….

It is not the negativity, though that does get old real quick. It is the personal shots. The baseball forum has never been anything like the FF and we want to keep it that way. But that has been difficult since about this time last year.

They are still free to post in other baseball threads or even start their own, it’s not like they are banned from the forum, just that particular thread….

Being allowed to post in other threads but not being able to post in the game thread is a weak argument. The game thread is where the excitement and fun is at. I don't post enough for it to matter to me as I prefer to lurk. I just thought someone should say something about your game thread ban. I hope everyone enjoys the game and GO VOLS!

She's a pretty hot movie celebrity ...goes by the name Charlize Theron ... might know the name.
Oh, yeah…
hubspot-orange-kool-aid-man.png

I think OldTimer has a point. Although Proud Army Wife is a very good poster and rarely says much negative. I can point out several that never say anything positive. So I hope this is enforced going forward because it certainly hasn't been till yesterday.
I agree, PAW is a good poster 99% of the time, she’s no longer locked out of tonight’s game thread.

They have spent a whole lot of emotional capital riding the underdog/victim/don'tgetnorespect schtick a little too long last night, putting up homemade signs that said "nobodies," etc. That can't last forever, and Lawson's homer put a pin in that balloon. Sooner or later they have to take down an elite team if they want respect.
Yep. The Campbell "soup" crowd are now cream of mushroom. Y'all might want to ease down from the tacky commentary in LNS. It's pretty thin.

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
I think OldTimer has a point. Although Proud Army Wife is a very good poster and rarely says much negative. I can point out several that never say anything positive. So I hope this is enforced going forward because it certainly hasn't been till yesterday.

I don't recall Wife saying anything personal or uber negative. I don't read all the posts, though. In any case, she's a good poster and has enough cred here to give her the benefit of the doubt in border line case, IMHO.

I don't recall Wife saying anything personal or uber negative. I don't read all the posts, though. In any case, she's a good poster and has enough cred here to give her the benefit of the doubt in border line case, IMHO.
I think it may have been a socially lubricated potty mouth issue. I saw one but it was a doozy. I can’t cast stones though. I can get pretty loose with vocabulary myself… and pics.. gotta continue to monitor myself there😉

I think it may have been a socially lubricated potty mouth issue. I saw one but it was a doozy. I can’t cast stones though. I can get pretty loose with vocabulary myself… and pics.. gotta continue to monitor myself there😉
Mr. Hokie Pokie is the last person who should cast stones.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back