The Official #1 Tennessee vs Alabama State Regional Game Thread Friday June 3rd (6PM EST SEC NETWORK)

Okay. Thank you. Sorry to have to even address it. I appreciate the time you and other moderators put in. I'd like to think you get a free sweat shirt or something once in a while from Tennessee, but you probably don't.
That response you got was for this post you reported, not the one you attached above.

8F5ED0BE-1AD8-4D53-B6B4-A57291E19837.jpeg

Evan Russell not available tonight (Friday)

In the future if you have questions about a reported post, you can use the contact us button to email me as opposed to cluttering the game threads since we don’t typically like to get into discussing moderating in the threads. Thanks.

I was the primary caregiver for my mom had Alzheimer’s for the last five or six years of her life. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I would not wish it to happen to anybody or for anybody to have to take care of somebody with it.

I only have one piece of advice to give, enjoy every moment you have with her as much as possible. I used to get so caught up in making sure she was taken care of, all those other caregiving things, that I was losing what time I had left her. When I quit worrying about her taking medicine (most of the time she would take it eventually), eating well or brushing her teeth (when you really think about it that stuff doesn’t matter much anymore anyway) and just sat back and enjoyed my time with her, we had some of the most wonderful times. I heard stories that I had never heard before. Not sure if they were all true or not but they were still fun to talk to her about. I almost feel like I got to know the mom of her youth a little bit.

The people that took care of her in the memory care facility are angels. They would have just the most awful situations and would have the best attitudes and give the most respect.

I miss her like crazy. The reason it hurts so bad is because you had a good one.
You just made my eyes leak…especially your last sentence.

Reactions: taylorvol and CDB
What the whole country learned:

Troy Eklund has no respect for the game of baseball.

Arkansas has no respect for the game.

Reactions: volsagain
Have you selected a location? My parents placed my grandmother in a facility in Lenoir City where she was comfortable until she passed at the age of 104. If you’re interested, I can forward more information. It was an Alzheimer’s assistance center.
Yes we have. It's 9-10 miles away from our home, so the she's still close. It's a first-class facility and I also know a few of the employees, so that's a bonus.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I was the primary caregiver for my mom had Alzheimer’s for the last five or six years of her life. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I would not wish it to happen to anybody or for anybody to have to take care of somebody with it.

I only have one piece of advice to give, enjoy every moment you have with her as much as possible. I used to get so caught up in making sure she was taken care of, all those other caregiving things, that I was losing what time I had left her. When I quit worrying about her taking medicine (most of the time she would take it eventually), eating well or brushing her teeth (when you really think about it that stuff doesn’t matter much anymore anyway) and just sat back and enjoyed my time with her, we had some of the most wonderful times. I heard stories that I had never heard before. Not sure if they were all true or not but they were still fun to talk to her about. I almost feel like I got to know the mom of her youth a little bit.

The people that took care of her in the memory care facility are angels. They would have just the most awful situations and would have the best attitudes and give the most respect.

I miss her like crazy. The reason it hurts so bad is because you had a good one.
Thanks so much CDB. I do have a great mom and it's obvious that you did also. The care facility she is headed to is first-class and I found out I know a few people that will work with her, so that's a bonus.

Reactions: CDB

VN Store

Back