The Official (1)Tennessee vs (2) Notre Dame Game thread

I'm gonna say something really controversial. If Pat Summitt were starting today she would not get 8 National Championships, she probably wouldn't get any. In today's women's game she is above average and would be able to hold her job. But she would not be a celebrated coach. She just had a huge head start building the program. Go ahead and flame me

What head start???
That is wrong.

Every women's basketball program started at ZERO. Everybody started at the same place - with nothing.
Do you think Stokely was sold out for her first game?

She didn't have a head start. She outworked everyone and blew everybody away.

OK...my first thought when I saw Pat Summit walk out on the floor was that she had on green....what? Why did she not wear something orange??? ...Please! Just wear orange!!! Could have made all the difference. Suppose the ladies wondered that? It's all in the attitude.

OK...my first thought when I saw Pat Summit walk out on the floor was that she had on green....what? Why did she not wear something orange??? ...Please! Just wear orange!!! Could have made all the difference. Suppose the ladies wondered that? It's all in the attitude.

same as me

Tremendous credit goes to Pat Summitt for the high quality of women's college basketball overall. She was a pioneer and helped lead the way. She has more than paid her dues and deserves the respect of an icon. Because of strides made in the women's game over the years, thanks to Pat's leadership, more schools have better programs and the competition is now tougher for all. IMHO, there wouldn't be a Geno if there had never been a Pat. Maybe it's still not to the level of the men's game (though I'm not convinced of that), but there are many more tough women's teams out there now, which is a down side for all us LV fans who expect our ladies to win ALL the time. You go girls!!

Tremendous credit goes to Pat Summitt for the high quality of women's college basketball overall. She was a pioneer and helped lead the way. She has more than paid her dues and deserves the respect of an icon. Because of strides made in the women's game over the years, thanks to Pat's leadership, more schools have better programs and the competition is now tougher for all. IMHO, there wouldn't be a Geno if there had never been a Pat. Maybe it's still not to the level of the men's game (though I'm not convinced of that), but there are many more tough women's teams out there now, which is a down side for all us LV fans who expect our ladies to win ALL the time. You go girls!!
That's an excellent post.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Thank you. BTW, don't take for granted that all the posters on VN actually like (or even barely tolerate) Tennessee's sports teams, men or women.

VN Store

Back