The Official (1)Tennessee vs (2) Notre Dame Game thread

I speak truth. I know what she has done. I have watched the Lady Vols since age 7 and their second championship. But Pat is winning on recruiting and reputation at this point.

Man. Can you shut up?

No one wants to hear what you are saying.

What a season. ND caught them on a bad shooting night. Sloppy play.
Was already dreaming about the UCONN matchup.
What a shame.

Night y'all... I can see already that this thread is degenerating into yet another defense of women's basketball and it doesn't need defending. Watch and enjoy or don't. That's the bottom line.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

you don't win on reputation

Pat Summitt is a celebrity becasue of her past success. She recruits on that. She ha sno idea how to coah em up. The talent level at UT was so much higher thatn ND today it was ridiculous. We still lost...

That being said, Pat is Tennessee women's basketball. I hope she wins 1000 more games.

i don't care either, just wish we didn't pay so much for something that doesn't generate much revenue, or negative revenue, as is often the case.

Really you are going to point at Pat as a missapropiation of the Athletic Departments funds? It's not as though we are hurting for cash. Also looking at the football program and funding phil's retirement isn't really a good use of money.

Man. Can you shut up?

No one wants to hear what you are saying.

Feel free to click the ignore. I have watched the Lady Vols for 22 years now. I am qualified to speak on this. And I like Pat and hope we never get rid of her. I am just under no delusion about her greatness. The level of play and coaching in women's college basketball has swamped Pat's motivational abilities. 20 years ago, Pat wins an NC with this team going away. Double digits every time they take the floor. Gone are the days.

Ms. Simmons will not forget tonight. Thank you for the season Ladies

Yeah, she needs to work on calming herself and controlling herself. That goes for the whole team too. Silly fouls like what Cain got are unnessasary and can really take the fire away.

UCONN beat Duke by about 40 earlier this year. The only teams left that are capable of beating them are Baylor and Stanford.

you can tell by vcu beating kansas that anything can happen.you never know gonzaga could win it all

Really you are going to point at Pat as a missapropiation of the Athletic Departments funds? It's not as though we are hurting for cash. Also looking at the football program and funding phil's retirement isn't really a good use of money.

it's a terrible use of money, but that doesn't mean paying $2mm (or whatever it works out to be with all the bonuses) to a coach of a program that was nearly $2mm in the hole (last data I saw) is excused.

pat's been great, but i won't cry when she retires and we can save $1mm+ on a coach. same goes for cronan and the women's athletic department of redundancy.

it's a terrible use of money, but that doesn't mean paying $2mm (or whatever it works out to be with all the bonuses) to a coach of a program that was nearly $2mm in the hole (last data I saw) is excused.

pat's been great, but i won't cry when she retires and we can save $1mm+ on a coach. same goes for cronan and the women's athletic department of redundancy.

give me your vol card now

bowdown.jpg

i don't care either, just wish we didn't pay so much for something that doesn't generate much revenue, or negative revenue, as is often the case.

Really. How many of Pats former players donate back to the school. I bet its more than the mens.

VN Store

Back