The Official #1 Tennessee @ Vanderbilt Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, ESPN2

I hope the Vols put the pedal to the metal and don't let off. Hope everybody is looking for their shots tonight. Would like to see Bone, Bowden, Williams and Admiral with about 20 pts ea.

If we can't get that I would settle to see Fulky, Pons and Alexander with about 12 apiece. GO VOLS

Reactions: MikenVol and alaVOL
Vandy has some talent but they've looked awful so far in conference play but I expect it to be close.

Vols pull away late 89-67.

Reactions: FlVols
I remember Dale Brown getting a technical back when Shaq played there, for walking out to midcourt to ask why Shaq got a tech near the end of the game. He was livid at the call and then got even more livid they called a tech on him, because he argued he was on the clear other end of the court and he didn't know what was going on.
That court is beyond ridiculous. Minnesota has the same kind of elevated court, but I believe they still sit on the sides on a lower level.

Yeah, I saw this earlier. So, somehow Bryce Drew has made Candy an attractive spot for "One and Done" level basketball players. What am I missing here ?
Darius is from Nashville and was very much liked on the AAU circuit. Does Drew have bagmen? Probably but it’s not far fetched to see kids go to Vandy with Darius. They were a coaching change away at IU from getting Romeo Langford.

Vandy has some talent but they've looked awful so far in conference play but I expect it to be close.

Vols pull away late 89-67.
Like everyone says, when you have that #1 on your back, you're going to get the best crowds and team effort. I think we're ok as long as the refs aren't playing to crowd Foul trouble and injuries are the only 2 things that can really hurt us.

Reactions: IPleadInsanity
Flushing the dores with the players names could get interesting for Kessling.

That court is beyond ridiculous. Minnesota has the same kind of elevated court, but I believe they still sit on the sides on a lower level.
Pretty sure there was a player seriously injured when he slid off of Minnesota's court 1 or 2 years ago. Not sure that Memorial is as big of a safety hazard but I don't understand why the NCAA can't just stipulate that courts meet certain regulatory standards.

Pretty sure there was a player seriously injured when he slid off of Minnesota's court 1 or 2 years ago. Not sure that Memorial is as big of a safety hazard but I don't understand why the NCAA can't just stipulate that courts meet certain regulatory standards.
I've never seen any other court where the benches were in the end zones. It used to drive me crazy when the SEC tournament was held there. What a dump.

Like everyone says, when you have that #1 on your back, you're going to get the best crowds and team effort. I think we're ok as long as the refs aren't playing to crowd Foul trouble and injuries are the only 2 things that can really hurt us.

That door swings both ways, there is a high probability UT will play like the #1 team tonight. If they do that it does not matter what Vandy does.

Seriously. It's one of the worst gyms ever. Freak told me last night that Barnes doesn't call a ton of sideline plays, so being at the end of the court won't be too much of a factor for us.
If I'm not mistaken, and I could be wrong, but don't they now allow the head coach to patrol beyond the baseline now?

Every single thing I’ve heard today has the Vols winning by double digits. Bet the house on it. When that happen from my experience, it almost always turns into close game. That being said, I don’t think we cover tonight. 75-70 Vols in one that is tighter than most of us think or hope.

Hope I’m wrong and I can just relax tonight. I could barely even watch the final 8 mins of the Bama game.

VN Store

Back