The Official #1 Tennessee @ #5 Kentucky Game Thread, 8:00 PM ET, ESPN

UK manhandled us in the post tonight. Their length, toughness, and skill hurt us bad. So, maybe they're no 100% crazy.
i'll agree that they manhandled us tonight , however they haven't played that well all season, this was the first complete game they have put together , we got hit in the mouth and didn't respond well . at the point we tried to make a run the refs hit admiral with his 5th and put an end to it.. good game by UK.. hope we learn from it and make em pay in TBA

i'll agree that they manhandled us tonight , however they haven't played that well all season, this was the first complete game they have put together , we got hit in the mouth and didn't respond well . at the point we tried to make a run the refs hit admiral with his 5th and put an end to it.. good game by UK.. hope we learn from it and make em pay in TBA

Hard to respond when you are disembowled without any call so then get nailed for even thinking about touching a UK player. They played a good game, but good grief that was a s*&$ show of a ref clinic in the first half.

Hard to respond when you are disembowled without any call so then get nailed for even thinking about touching a UK player. They played a good game, but good grief that was a s*&$ show of a ref clinic in the first half.
ohh , no doubt we got hosed on calls.. no way a team that shoots as many free throws as we do goes 25 minutes without any

LittleCat, feel free to shove your opinions and take them back with you to a UK board

P.S. Did you learn that passive-aggressive BS from UGA fans, LittleCat? Liked my post, huh? Just like every UK fan.

Reactions: LittleCat
Tennessee just got called for another foul

OR maybe you could say that Tyler Herro, their SHOOTING GUARD, just got ANOTHER rebound...

He only had 13 in his first career double-double.

Length and athleticism, combined with POOR effort, and this is what you get. People, you better hope for favorable lineups in those areas on opposing teams in March.

Last edited:
OR maybe you could say that Tyler Herro, their SHOOTING GUARD, just got ANOTHER rebound...

Length and athleticism, combined with POOR effort, and this is what you get. People, you better hope for favorable lineups in those areas on opposing teams in March.

Yawn

Reactions: Rocky_top08

I'm not sure how we correct the rebounding problems at this point in the season. One would've thought the players were motivated to put a body on someone and minimize the rebounding edge. It gets even more worrisome with Fulkerson in the game. I'm starting to think Walker may not develop enough to be an adequate player here. I guess we'll see.

Reactions: Steven5198
I'm not sure how we correct the rebounding problems at this point in the season. One would've thought the players were motivated to put a body on someone and minimize the rebounding edge. It gets even more worrisome with Fulkerson in the game. I'm starting to think Walker may not develop enough to be an adequate player here. I guess we'll see.

Yep, very rare and unlikely for a team to completely change their makeup this point into a season, or era, if you count when the team was put together three years ago. Think about it though. Wasn't this team in the bottom half of the SEC in rebounding last year too? It's simply not going to happen CONSISTENTLY. They'll outrebound some teams. But against big and athletic teams? Not likely to happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: BreatheUT
Yep, very rare and unlikely for a team to completely change their makeup this point into a season, or era, if you count when the team was put together three years ago. Think about it though. Wasn't this team in the bottom half of the SEC in rebounding last year too? It's simply not going to happen CONSISTENTLY. They'll outrebound some teams. But against big and athletic teams? Not likely to happen.

And that's where our offense has to produce. Guys like Bowden, Turner and even Schofield has got to make the other team pay.

Our offense is more effective if our guys aren’t being assaulted with impunity while simultaneously being whistled for every ticky tack foul the RUPPerees could make up.

Reactions: lifeisdeep
In the other two games where we played bigger athletic teams KU only had 3 more rebounds than UT, and Gonzaga only had 2 more rebounds. A lot of rebounding IMO is effort and hustle. We must do a better job in those areas if this is truly going to be a great season especially come NCAA Tourney time.

Reactions: 10cpride
Exactly, all Kentucky fans were basically saying by yelling overrated was the win wasn’t that good. You want the team you beat to be as highly rated as possible not “overrated”.

Thanks for the passive aggressive UGAsplaining. Please go away. Why are you even posting in a UT v UK game board.

UGA fans never cease to amuse me.

Not disagreeing with what you are saying, but how many times would you guess that the first foul would not be called on any team until 3 minutes to go? I bet in the last 50 years, at any arena that you want to name, you could count on one or two hands the number of times that has happened. That would make it under 1% of the time. When you throw in that it is a big, physical team not playing a zone, then it would even be less.

We lost because they wanted it more, but the referees had a huge impact on this game.

Reactions: Sudden Impact
Tennessee is 5th in the league in rebounding. Only 2 and change if you go by the numbers behind Georgia, Kentucky, Texas A&M, LSU then Tennessee. We had a bad game. Its really that simple. Kentucky was coming off a loss and has never lost back to back home games under Calipari. All these threads about how this team sucks now is getting old. My goodness the amount of fans coming out of the woodwork to complain is unreal. Embarrassing more like it. Hope your alls home life isnt this miserable.

We can't get a call and we get called for everything. With that said we've played like crap on offense. Settling for the first shot instead of making them play defense.

They HAD to settle for whatever they could get; Hell uk was knocking them off their blocks!!

VN Store

Back