The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Unlike Matt Painter (who is an idiot), Rick Barnes is not dumb enough to let the smallest team in the country (FDU) bully us. Our length and physicality is something FDU will have zero chance at handling. But, it’s all moot because I don’t see any way FDU wins again. I think much like Furman, they gave all they had to beat Purdue and will lose by 15-20 tomorrow.
I know our bigs arent the best, but imagining them matching up with Aidoo and Uros, two bullies who arent soft is pretty funny.

Pearl made a FF and I'm not going to take that away from him; but.....he hasn't made it out of the first weekend his other 3 NCAATs at Auburn.

Yep. He earned the FF. No denying that, and no denying that he is a good basketball coach. Also no denying he’s been very mediocre in his other tournament appearances at Auburn, although you’d never know it based on the Pearl worshipers that like to hang around here.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
Yep. He earned the FF. No denying that, and no denying that he is a good basketball coach. Also no denying he’s been very mediocre in his other tournament appearances at Auburn, although you’d never know it based on the Pearl worshipers that like to hang around here.
And they were extremely fortunate to escape their first round game their final four year. Speaks to the volatility of the tournament

Lol. Listening to The Field of 68’s end of day round-up while I watch this Alabama game, and known Tennessee hater Jeff Goodman is essentially saying the only reason Tennessee won is because the officials let us get away with a lot of fouls. He said he still doesn’t buy the Vols and this game was basically a fluke.

What is it with the national media and their tears whenever Duke loses??? It’s wild.

Lol. Listening to The Field of 68’s end of day round-up while I watch this Alabama game, and known Tennessee hater Jeff Goodman is essentially saying the only reason Tennessee won is because the officials let us get away with a lot of fouls. He said he still doesn’t buy the Vols and this game was basically a fluke.

What is it with the national media and their tears whenever Duke loses??? It’s wild.
Jeff Goodman is a know nothing moron. Pay no attention to that clown.

Yeah Youtube's been trying to get me to watch their crap all month. Awful. All three of their hosts basically dismissed Tennessee's win as a product of the officials "letting them play that way." They agreed that the officials wouldn't let that happen again. And one of them pointed out that the game was an aberration because Duke was down a player - "remember Mark Mitchell was out," he said. Of course, Tennessee's without Zeigler, but that doesn't matter to them, obviously.

Also, those three polled themselves as to which team was now favored in our region, and all three of them laughed out loud at the idea of Tennessee coming out of that region. All three agreed the winner would come out of the bottom half, no matter if it was Marquette, Kansas State, or Kentucky. They were adamant the Tennessee win was luck and circumstance.

Yeah Youtube's been trying to get me to watch their crap all month. Awful. All three of their hosts basically dismissed Tennessee's win as a product of the officials "letting them play that way." They agreed that the officials wouldn't let that happen again. And one of them pointed out that the game was an aberration because Duke was down a player - "remember Mark Mitchell was out," he said. Of course, Tennessee's without Zeigler, but that doesn't matter to them, obviously.

Also, those three polled themselves as to which team was now favored in our region, and all three of them laughed out loud at the idea of Tennessee coming out of that region. All three agreed the winner would come out of the bottom half, no matter if it was Marquette, Kansas State, or Kentucky. They were adamant the Tennessee win was luck and circumstance.
Someone send this video to the team asap please.

Waking up this morning, feeling good, wanting to say I love everyone here, even the HATERS AND LOSERS that have asked for Rick Barnes to be fired for 4 straight years.

See you all in MSG. WOO.
I will say that the feeling of waking up after a huge tournament win feels so good and makes the other games that much more enjoyable.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
If Rick Barnes and Tennessee need any more motivation for next weekend, they should clip the 5-minute segment that just aired on College GameDay and put it on loop in the locker room this week. Seth Greenberg, Jay Bilas, and Rece Davis just called our game as “the worst officiated game in the history of college basketball” and basically implied that the only reason Duke lost is because of the officiating.

Of course, they did their standard “not to take anything away from Tennessee” while trying to do exactly that. Just gross.

If Rick Barnes and Tennessee need any more motivation for next weekend, they should clip the 5-minute segment that just aired on College GameDay and put it on loop in the locker room this week. Seth Greenberg, Jay Bilas, and Rece Davis just called our game as “the worst officiated game in the history of college basketball” and basically implied that the only reason Duke lost is because of the officiating.

Of course, they did their standard “not to take anything away from Tennessee” while trying to do exactly that. Just gross.
They must’ve missed our game in Death Valley in Admiral’s senior year

VN Store

Back