The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

FAU is legit. You only lose 3 games, I don’t care what conference you play in, you’re good.

They lost to Ole Miss and beat Florida early in the season. And of course, just beat a decent Memphis.

I think most impressive thing about them seems to be margin of victory. They have thoroughly whooped a lot of teams this year.

A sobering statistic I ran across ahead of today's game.

I'm holding on to hope, but that has to get corrected ahead of playing a team as talented, and as defensively sound as Duke. We have to value possessions and the basketball. Seniors have to make smart decisions and put their younger teammates in position to make smart plays. Experience is one area we hold the advantage over Duke...we have to utilize it.
Seniors only had 3 TOs, all of which were offensive fouls. Great job of taking care of the ball!

Damn, I am elated. Cloud 9 right now. Not a single player really had a bad game. Phillips didn’t score a ton but that might have been his best minutes all year. He had several HUGE put back slams in key moments.

WE’RE GOING TO THE SWEET 16!
Agree about Phillips, unsung hero along with Aidoo. And even JJJ, despite the shooting numbers.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
Damn, I am elated. Cloud 9 right now. Not a single player really had a bad game. Phillips didn’t score a ton but that might have been his best minutes all year. He had several HUGE put back slams in key moments.

WE’RE GOING TO THE SWEET 16!
Yeah it is fun to get this far. Barnes really deserved it and got to take hat off to our guys minus Zeigler. Vescovi was catalyst until his buddy Nkamhoua exploded. Duke has never seen a defense like that. I just hope we continue to play with confidence and live in the moment.

Yeah it is fun to get this far. Barnes really deserved it and got to take hat off to our guys minus Zeigler. Vescovi was catalyst until his buddy Nkamhoua exploded. Duke has never seen a defense like that. I just hope we continue to play with confidence and live in the moment.

The best part of the game was afterwards seeing Barnes walking about grinning ear to ear.

Agreed. We wouldn’t want to have all 500 of their fans coming out. Talk about a hostile environment.

The only thing that worries me about FDU is their press. On paper we should still be able to handle them, but I worry about our ball handling against a full court press. With that being said, I’d much rather play them than a 32 win FAU team.

Reactions: PlanetVolunteer
The only thing that worries me about FDU is their press. On paper we should still be able to handle them, but I worry about our ball handling against a full court press. With that being said, I’d much rather play them than a 32 win FAU team.

Unlike Matt Painter (who is an idiot), Rick Barnes is not dumb enough to let the smallest team in the country (FDU) bully us. Our length and physicality is something FDU will have zero chance at handling. But, it’s all moot because I don’t see any way FDU wins again. I think much like Furman, they gave all they had to beat Purdue and will lose by 15-20 tomorrow.

Unlike Matt Painter (who is an idiot), Rick Barnes is not dumb enough to let the smallest team in the country (FDU) bully us. Our length and physicality is something FDU will have zero chance at handling. But, it’s all moot because I don’t see any way FDU wins again. I think much like Furman, they gave all they had to beat Purdue and will lose by 15-20 tomorrow.

Agree. Caught lightning in a bottle against Purdue, and Matt Painter coached an atrocious game.

Reactions: Lankykong
We most certainly want to play FDU lol

They are very well coached, but our defense will destroy them. They won't be able to get shots off...kinda like Louisiana and Duke.

VN Store

Back