The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

I think that adjusting after traveling contributed to both teams having a bad first half. Plus the low roof and odd lighting, Also, not just having JJJ contribute, but adjusting to him not being there. When ZZ sits out and it’s PG by committee they really need SV, Key, AND JJJ managing getting the ball across mid court and initiating the half court offense. It was too much for SV before he (and ZZ) settled down.

Being off for so many days was also a factor in the crappy first half effort.

I think right now, the team is all about lineups. Some of these lineups just don’t work. The team desperately needs slashers and drivers to open up shots for Vescovi. Part of the reason he was more effective in the 2nd half is because Mashack and Phillips were on the floor a lot more creating opportunities with cuts and dribble drive.

KC provided that last year.

I think right now, the team is all about lineups. Some of these lineups just don’t work. The team desperately needs slashers and drivers to open up shots for Vescovi. Part of the reason he was more effective in the 2nd half is because Mashack and Phillips were on the floor a lot more creating opportunities with cuts and dribble drive.

KC provided that last year.
This 👆

Very glad we got the W, but man, that first half was painful to watch. We are going to need to figure something out offensively in order to compete for an SEC championship. James would have helped for sure. I'm glad Vescovi found some rhythm in the second half, but we need him to just be better on offense. I don't expect him to shoot 50/40/90 for 20 points every night, but his role on this team demands better overall quality production than we've seen so far imo. That may be more a play-calling issue than individual performance. I think we will get on track if we can just establish some offensive stability, and the USC game will be a great opportunity to do so.

The Butler is game is how I think most of us thought the Colorado game was going to play out. Both games we struggled in the first half but played good enough defense (and we got helped out by the other team not playing that well as well) to keep it close. Butlter we finally started hitting and started a mini-pull away that lead to the massive pull away, and Colorado that didn't happen.

The good takeaway is we did get it together and I think when we're on, we're going to be hard to beat; but at the same time a slow, crappy start like that is going to be a problem against better teams because I think it will dig a hole that will be hard to crawl out of. So we need a better start today against USC.

If Phillips keeps playing like this, he’s a sure one & done.
More than likely. But, seeing how this team has struggled without Kennedy, I hope someone would step up NIL wise and give him an offer he can’t resist. This team with Kennedy is undefeated and is probably heralded as the title favorite right now.

Interesting that Thad Matta called Tennessee “not a good team, but a great team.” He knows basketball and that’s a pretty bold comment to just throw out there. Make me believe, Vols.

I think we will be. We’re just not there yet. This will be a great experience for them, that will pay off later in the year.

Wonder if UNC will take the precipitous drop in the polls for losing to an unranked team that Tennessee did in the polls? <rhetorical question>

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA…

….good one. I needed a laugh this week. I’m in stitches.

P.S. UNC wins their 3rd place game and they won’t drop lower than 5.

Is there something up with our basketball uniforms? Our orange uniforms look too dark, and even the orange on the home uniforms looked weird. Maybe the lighting in the ballroom?

Reactions: Willy14
Where the hell is bTo ? Not that I'm complaining (I'm kidding), but he hasn't posted in like 3 days, that's gotta be record for him.

VN Store

Back