The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

So, I'm watching reruns of "Welcome Back, Kotter". Which led me down the Gabe Kaplan rabbit hole on google. I could have sworn that Gabe Kaplan was in "The Fish that Saved Pittsburgh", with Dr. J. But he was in "Fast Break" with Bernard King (did not know BK was in a movie). Is this The Bernstein Bears effect and other people remember Kaplan in "The Fish", like I do or am I just high ?

Reactions: OrangeAllDay
So, I'm watching reruns of "Welcome Back, Kotter". Which led me down the Gabe Kaplan rabbit hole on google. I could have sworn that Gabe Kaplan was in "The Fish that Saved Pittsburgh", with Dr. J. But he was in "Fast Break" with Bernard King (did not know BK was in a movie). Is this The Bernstein Bears effect and other people remember Kaplan in "The Fish", like I do or am I just high ?
It’s a holiday - of course your high!

Bernard (Matt Ferguson) and Bill Russell (Judge Ferguson) were in a Miami Vice episode. Russell was a corrupt judge and Bernard was his son and a star basketball player that was going to throw a game for his Dad to get out of trouble. At the end the judge told Bernard that he no longer needed him to lose the game and Bernard won his game. Then the judge killed himself. Neither Russell or King needed to quit their day jobs and go into acting full time.

"Miami Vice" The Fix (TV Episode 1986) - IMDb

Reactions: The Dog
I'm expecting a 30 HR season out of this guy soon. Am I out of line on this?
No. He's been my favorite player, this year, but he's going to have to figure out left-handed pitching. That's the thing that's limited him to 80-ish ABs, this year. The power is real real.

Baseball team has the right balance of swag, talent, youth, experience, and hunger. I think the basketball team this past season also had it (although a bit more talent/swag could have helped).

Hopefully the incoming guys add to the riches of what Barnes and staff have built. I think getting great PG play will carry us to another potential title push, especially if Phillips is the real deal and stays healthy. Still exciting to have 2 SEC Tournament titles in the same year, just weeks a part!

Reactions: JelloPuddinPup
I'm so stoked for the baseball team, but man, I still cannot watch the sport. I tried. I really did. Could not continue after an inning.

What say you, @Dallasbowlin? I know you and I agreed hardcore on this point at one time....
It’s hard lol. I do it, but I get very bored at times. I stayed up for the Kentucky game in the SECT and I wanted to die.

VN Store

Back