The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Goes to show how elite SEC athletes have to be to succeed

I actually think Drew could have produced here, not at that same level. But with his size/length and ability to shoot he could play that stretch 4 at this level. I just don't think he'd ever see 27 MPG. Be stuck in that 12-15 mpg and thus less production because of limited minutes.

If anything I appreciate that a local kid was willing to move on. It allowed him to get to shine and play more and it allowed us to bring in another higher rated guy who can compete at this level a bit better.

Reactions: LeannaVol
I actually think Drew could have produced here, not at that same level. But with his size/length and ability to shoot he could play that stretch 4 at this level. I just don't think he'd ever see 27 MPG. Be stuck in that 12-15 mpg and thus less production because of limited minutes.

If anything I appreciate that a local kid was willing to move on. It allowed him to get to shine and play more and it allowed us to bring in another higher rated guy who can compete at this level a bit better.
I think a lot of people underestimate the need for some players to get regular minutes to get their confidence and get into a grove for a team. Also players take time to find their role. Drew probably felt like he was a role player at UT and didn't need to look for his offense too much. At a lower level he realizes he is his teams best option and is more aggressive. I think this is part of Powell's problem and to some extent Bailey's. Both are trying to find their role and need time and minutes to get their confidence.

Reactions: 67Vol
Arkansas's conference road game splits, their free throw rate plummets. Largest discrepancy in the conference. Bud Walton home cooking. I feel refs don't ever treat us that way. I'm going to be pissed if they get away with half the ******** they did in our first game.
View attachment 436710

We have a non-existent home whistle so I fully expect Arkansas to get some BS calls. Hell, Georgia got a friendlier home whistle last night in front of two dozen fans than we do in a rocking environment. It makes no sense.

He must of been getting it done in practice when here because they kept trying to play him. Maybe he felt too much pressure and couldn’t relax such that his shots didn’t fall. Wish him and the others that left nothing but success !

I think a lot of people underestimate the need for some players to get regular minutes to get their confidence and get into a grove for a team. Also players take time to find their role. Drew probably felt like he was a role player at UT and didn't need to look for his offense too much. At a lower level he realizes he is his teams best option and is more aggressive. I think this is part of Powell's problem and to some extent Bailey's. Both are trying to find their role and need time and minutes to get their confidence.

Nah, Bailey has just had his minutes drastically reduced and that's basically it.

Last year: 24.8 mpg, 10.9 ppg, 2.0 rbpg, 1.6 apg, 0.6 spg
This year: 10.5 mpg, 3.0 ppg, 1.0 rbpg, 0.4 apg, 0.3 spg

With Santi's growth and with KC coming in and then the surprise of how good ZZ is it just left Bailey as the odd man out. Especially when before his injury ORN was able to play the 4 spot which left JJJ at the 3 meaning even less room on court for another guard.

This is an interesting data point. I'm not sure what it really tells us other than our "worst" impact player (i.e. Plavsic) is better than a lot of other Top 40 team's worst impact player. We clearly have some good depth, which hopefully will bear fruit in March.

Also, Kennedy Chandler......

The Texas/SDSU non-drop off note between starters and bench is something I find extremely impressive. The epitome of "low ceiling, high floor" team.

Edit: Also don't think I'd want to cross paths with Iowa in the tourney.

The Texas/SDSU non-drop off note between starters and bench is something I find extremely impressive. The epitome of "low ceiling, high floor" team.

I feel like JJJ could bother Murray, and if we shut him down I would like our chances with Iowa.

Was messing around with barttorvik’s rankings and if you look at the last month both Iowa and Memphis are playing Top 10 basketball, 2 teams you probably don’t want to see in the tourney.

Reactions: JelloPuddinPup
Was messing around with barttorvik’s rankings and if you look at the last month both Iowa and Memphis are playing Top 10 basketball, 2 teams you probably don’t want to see in the tourney.

I have a funny feeling the committee is going to make Memphis an 11-seed if we're a 3-seed or a 10-seed if we're a 2-seed and put them in our bracket just for the potential storyline of a Round of 32 matchup. Feels exactly like something they would do.

Reactions: walkenvol
This is an interesting data point. I'm not sure what it really tells us other than our "worst" impact player (i.e. Plavsic) is better than a lot of other Top 40 team's worst impact player. We clearly have some good depth, which hopefully will bear fruit in March.

Also, Kennedy Chandler......

This annoys me about “data scientists”. Bayesian Performance Rating!? 🙄

Drew Pembers season ended today in a game he went 2-2 from 2 and 4-6 from 3. I didn’t watch the game but it appears his assignment on the other team was 11-14 from 2 w 24 points and 7 rbs

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Drew Pembers season ended today in a game he went 2-2 from 2 and 4-6 from 3. I didn’t watch the game but it appears his assignment on the other team was 11-14 from 2 w 24 points and 7 rbs
He was in foul trouble. Actually fouled out in the second half after only playing roughly eight minutes. The guy you’re talking about is Taje Kelly, he hit the game winning tip in. He’s a freshman, could be a transfer candidate. At 6-8 250 he definitely is built to play in the SEC

He was in foul trouble. Actually fouled out in the second half after only playing roughly eight minutes. The guy you’re talking about is Taje Kelly, he hit the game winning tip in. He’s a freshman, could be a transfer candidate. At 6-8 250 he definitely is built to play in the SEC
I just saw the replay. What in gods name was #11 doing!?

Reactions: Dallasbowlin

VN Store

Back