The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Because he has the lowest ceiling.
Maybe so, but the others are miles away from their ceiling, right now. You don't sacrifice the team's immediate success by benching good players to develop players who may be great in a year or two. ON helps the team the most, right now (when healthy). And again, I say that as someone who doesn't like the guy very much as a player.

Maybe so, but the others are miles away from their ceiling, right now. You don't sacrifice the team's immediate success by benching good players to develop players who may be great in a year or two. ON helps the team the most, right now (when healthy). And again, I say that as someone who doesn't like the guy very much as a player.
There are times when ON reminds me of a lesser version of Kenyon Martin. The mid-range jumpers, athletic dunks & blocks etc. However, what drives me crazy is when he has goofy turnovers that appear to be easily avoidable, or he drops the simplest of passes that hit him square in the chest. I am not sure at this juncture of his career if he can reverse his stone hands to become soft (hopefully he can). I will say though his game has improved a lot this year. This team is better with him on the court.

There are times when ON reminds me of a lesser version of Kenyon Martin. The mid-range jumpers, athletic dunks & blocks etc. However, what drives me crazy is when he has goofy turnovers that appear to be easily avoidable, or he drops the simplest of passes that hit him square in the chest. I am not sure at this juncture of his career if he can reverse his stone hands to become soft (hopefully he can). I will say though his game has improved a lot this year. This team is better with him on the court.
Agree. His biggest drawbacks are his hands and his basketball IQ. He is really lacking in those two areas, but has shown a good deal of improvement, overall.

Agree. His biggest drawbacks are his hands and his basketball IQ. He is really lacking in those two areas, but has shown a good deal of improvement, overall.
The two games prior to his injury were good. The interesting thing is that the Miss State game would have been a better indicator of his improvement. ON versus Garrison and Tolu would have provided interesting results as to his true improvement.

If for no other reason, it is going to hurt us from a depth standpoint, unless the two freshmen step up. I get the feeling that both will be good eventually, it is just a question of will it happen this year?

I can’t see a line of reasoning that could support both Tennessee and LSU as 5 seeds.

I truly don’t understand the obsessions with LSU still. They’re a good team, but how can you lose 6 of 7 games and still be this highly thought of? We’d have dropped to bubble watch if it was us.

Once again. I want zero part in this. SDS Can shoot the lights out.

Once upon a time, 12 years ago, we were a 5 6 seed to a 12 11-seed SDSU team led by Kawhi Leonard. They didn't fair to well against a Tennessee team that was a sexy 5/12 6/11 upset pick.

Edit: I went back and checked because my spidey sense was tingling that I had the seeding detail wrong. Sure enough, this was a 6/11 matchup, not a 5/12.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t feel too good about facing Arizona again, especially on a neutral court. But hey, if we had to play them, that would mean we made it to the 2nd weekend of the tournament.

What time are you normally let out of school down there in Powell County? If memory serves me correctly, that game was a very late tip. Like 10pm, or something. 😀
I could be wrong, but it seems like it was a mid-afternoon game. But, I’m wrong roughly 2 out of 3 times.

Edit: I was wrong again.

Yeah, I just remember having to muffle my cheers as my twins were 2 years old and asleep in the same room. It was an intense game.
That’s funny. I have the exact same memory, except my twins were 1. It took several hours to go to sleep that night bc I had so much bottled up stress trying not to wake anyone up.

What time are you normally let out of school down there in Powell County? If memory serves me correctly, that game was a very late tip. Like 10pm, or something. 😀
Maybe I’m thinking about about a different game lol

I believe it was the game against Oklahoma State in 09 now that I think about it lol I just remember getting to my grandma’s about 5 minutes before tip and trying to find the channel on her tv lol

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back