The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

$1,000

Bet: Chandler drafted top 15 in 2022 draft.
If yes, I win. If no, you win

Contingency: if Chandler suffers a long term injury or gets arrested or something crazy, bet in cancelled.
Man, that seems like a bet you ought to get better than 1:1 odds on. Especially if you are going to pin it specifically on the 2022 Draft. What happens if KC decides to return for his sophomore season. Highly unlikely, I agree, but it is an unnecessary variable that you saddled yourself with when I don't believe the specific year was ever a part of the original discussion. It would just be a shame for you to lose that bet on a technicality.

Man, that seems like a bet you ought to get better than 1:1 odds on. Especially if you are going to pin it specifically on the 2022 Draft. What happens if KC decides to return for his sophomore season. Highly unlikely, I agree, but it is an unnecessary variable that you saddled yourself with when I don't believe the specific year was ever a part of the original discussion. It would just be a shame for you to lose that bet on a technicality.

Ah, it just a low stakes bet for fun (or should I say, entertainment purposes only 😂). I ain’t worried about it.

Reactions: cncchris33
Shariffe Cooper averaged 33mpg 20ppg 8apg 4rpg last year for Auburn, was listed at 6’1” at Auburn, picked #48 overall last year. Genuinely curious the comps people see for him, and best case?? Trae Young? He averaged 27/9 a game.

Shariffe Cooper averaged 33mpg 20ppg 8apg 4rpg last year for Auburn, was listed at 6’1” at Auburn, picked #48 overall last year. Genuinely curious the comps people see for him, and best case?? Trae Young? He averaged 27/9 a game.

I question anybody's basketball knowledge that is trying to compare Chandler's game to Cooper and Trae Young. Not saying you are BTO, but other than height and position, there isn't a ton to compare. Cooper and Young were score first guards in the Kyrie Irving mold and that isn't what KC's game is.

Cooper dropped to the 2nd round for a few reasons, but mainly he was an undersized guard that shot 22% from 3 and his dad and others in his inner circle were/are being investigated by the FBI. Cooper is just such an enigma for a lot of reasons it is hard to use him and his draft stock in comparison with anybody.

I think your hope for KC at the next level is Chris Paul (if KC were to literally max out his ceiling) or Kyle Lowry. Someone that is a steady hand and controls the flow of the game that can still provide some timely scoring when its needed. CP3 went top 5 but I think Lowry went 24 or so. This is also a pretty weak PG class, so that will help push KC up draft boards.

I question anybody's basketball knowledge that is trying to compare Chandler's game to Cooper and Trae Young. Not saying you are BTO, but other than height and position, there isn't a ton to compare. Cooper and Young were score first guards in the Kyrie Irving mold and that isn't what KC's game is.

Cooper dropped to the 2nd round for a few reasons, but mainly he was an undersized guard that shot 22% from 3 and his dad and others in his inner circle were/are being investigated by the FBI. Cooper is just such an enigma for a lot of reasons it is hard to use him and his draft stock in comparison with anybody.

I think your hope for KC at the next level is Chris Paul (if KC were to literally max out his ceiling) or Kyle Lowry. Someone that is a steady hand and controls the flow of the game that can still provide some timely scoring when its needed. CP3 went top 5 but I think Lowry went 24 or so. This is also a pretty weak PG class, so that will help push KC up draft boards.
Yea not making the comparison to Cooper or Young, just listing recent PG’s who were considered short..:it’s why I genuinely was asking for recent comps. Tyler Ullis obviously was shorter than KC, but similar style as a PG, probably a better on ball defender at this stage, but he went 2nd round. Paul is a great comp but I was trying to think recently as the game/drafting has changed quite a bit.

Yea not making the comparison to Cooper or Young, just listing recent PG’s who were considered short..:it’s why I genuinely was asking for recent comps. Tyler Ullis obviously was shorter than KC, but similar style as a PG, probably a better on ball defender at this stage, but he went 2nd round. Paul is a great comp but I was trying to think recently as the game/drafting has changed quite a bit.

If you're basing it on height, there just aren't many guys at 6'1" or smaller in the league in general. So you really shut down probably 98% of players just using that criteria. Over the last 12 or so years, you've got Johnny Flynn (famously taken one spot ahead of Steph Curry) and then more recently Terry Rozier who was mid first round I think. More recently you at least had 3 sub 6'3" PGs taken in the Fox, Dennis Smith Jr., Donovan Mitchell draft. I don't think any of those are really good comps as all 3 of them were athletic freaks and much more scorer than facilitator.

Obviously I don't think KC will keep his shooting splits, but he is currently 100% from the FT line and 50% from 3. If he ends the year at 90+% from the FT line and 40+% from 3, he will most likely be a lotto pick (and probably top 10) unless some other massive warts are uncovered in his game. That kind of shooting and a weak PG class will mean someone will take a chance on him earlier than expected.

If you're basing it on height, there just aren't many guys at 6'1" or smaller in the league in general. So you really shut down probably 98% of players just using that criteria. Over the last 12 or so years, you've got Johnny Flynn (famously taken one spot ahead of Steph Curry) and then more recently Terry Rozier who was mid first round I think. More recently you at least had 3 sub 6'3" PGs taken in the Fox, Dennis Smith Jr., Donovan Mitchell draft. I don't think any of those are really good comps as all 3 of them were athletic freaks and much more scorer than facilitator.

Obviously I don't think KC will keep his shooting splits, but he is currently 100% from the FT line and 50% from 3. If he ends the year at 90+% from the FT line and 40+% from 3, he will most likely be a lotto pick (and probably top 10) unless some other massive warts are uncovered in his game. That kind of shooting and a weak PG class will mean someone will take a chance on him earlier than expected.
Will be interesting to see, not sure I’ve seen any reputable folks predicting Top 10…most seem to be 15-25.

Ford and Augustin were both top 10 picks under Barnes.

Both 6 ft or under. Both point guards.

I know that was a while ago, but he just has “it” IMO.

Kyle Lowry is the best comp, to me. Came into Nova as an undersized all american but needed an extra year to get right. He does a lot of things well, a guy you want on a championship team, but not necessarily elite at anything and not the most electrifying player either. What matters is he gets the job done. Jameer Nelson fits that mold as well.

Kyle Lowry is the best comp, to me. Came into Nova as an undersized all american but needed an extra year to get right. He does a lot of things well, a guy you want on a championship team, but not necessarily elite at anything and not the most electrifying player either. What matters is he gets the job done. Jameer Nelson fits that mold as well.
Weren't they bigger point guards? They seem more of the bully type

Reactions: walkenvol
Is there any chance we could see Chandler coming back for another year?

Him and Edwards on the same floor together would be exciting to see.

VN Store

Back