The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

My read is that Barnes is trying to get him involved and thereby get him going. If he gets starts when JJJ is out and he doesn't perform, he might get buried on the bench for a while. But if he perfoms well, he could get back into the rotation and get significant minutes. Barnes is giving him a chance to figure it out and perform. So the pressure is on VJ. I think Barnes is smart to handle him this way during his early season funk.

Yes. Barnes Almighty is spot on and handling the roster like a genius.

Per rockytoptalk dot com:

After the Vols’ loss to Villanova, when Bailey played 23 minutes, hit just one two-point shot and added absolutely nothing else to his box score except for a single foul, Barnes played the veteran guard just six minutes against the Tar Heels. In last Wednesday’s media sessions, Barnes explained Bailey’s lack of minutes was more about how well the other guards (Santi, ZZ, Chandler) were playing together and indicated that he expects to leave the rotation up for tweaks depending on who’s playing well in the context of the given game.

“It was the fact that I think that’s going to be our team this year a lot,” Barnes said. “There are going to be nights when some guys have a little bit more than others. That’s what we’ll ride that night. VJ, again, he’s such a hard worker. He’ll come back and he did, like you would expect, he was a great teammate. Pulled for those guys and will continue to do that. But he came back to practice and does what he does every day. I’ve said before, no one is going to put any more work in than VJ does. But it really was the fact that those three guys had it going. And we just knew that’s what we needed to do that particular day. Every game is going to have its different personality. Every game does. So based on what that personality brings from that game, that’s who we’ll be playing.”​

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
Yes. Barnes Almighty is spot on and handling the roster like a genius.

Per rockytoptalk dot com:

After the Vols’ loss to Villanova, when Bailey played 23 minutes, hit just one two-point shot and added absolutely nothing else to his box score except for a single foul, Barnes played the veteran guard just six minutes against the Tar Heels. In last Wednesday’s media sessions, Barnes explained Bailey’s lack of minutes was more about how well the other guards (Santi, ZZ, Chandler) were playing together and indicated that he expects to leave the rotation up for tweaks depending on who’s playing well in the context of the given game.

“It was the fact that I think that’s going to be our team this year a lot,” Barnes said. “There are going to be nights when some guys have a little bit more than others. That’s what we’ll ride that night. VJ, again, he’s such a hard worker. He’ll come back and he did, like you would expect, he was a great teammate. Pulled for those guys and will continue to do that. But he came back to practice and does what he does every day. I’ve said before, no one is going to put any more work in than VJ does. But it really was the fact that those three guys had it going. And we just knew that’s what we needed to do that particular day. Every game is going to have its different personality. Every game does. So based on what that personality brings from that game, that’s who we’ll be playing.”​

I said Bailey shouldn’t be playing more than 10 minutes after the first half of the first game why don’t I get called a genius

Last edited:
I said Bailey shouldn’t be playing more than 10 minutes after the game first half of the first game why don’t I get called a genius

51Wm.gif

Calm down. Suspended as in a coaches decision to have him sit. Not suspended as in getting arrested or having been in a fight. Two different things and anybody with a functioning brain should see that there is a difference. Somebody gets 5 fouls, they are SUSPENDED from participating for the rest of the game.

What’s up with your d*** headed comment “a bad look, even for you”? Just you being you?
You have a weird definition of suspended.

Reactions: GenRRN
Rick Almighty immediately prorogated Bailey’s average of 20+ minutes per game after VJ quit during a poor play in the Villanova game. Are you happy now?
Which Rick said was because of how well/effective Zeigler was playing, yet you choose not to believe that and go with the “suspension” angle, even though I’ve never heard of a suspension where a guy plays limited minutes lol.

Reactions: berryvol and GenRRN
Which Rick said was because of how well/effective Zeigler was playing, yet you choose not to believe that and go with the “suspension” angle, even though I’ve never heard of a suspension where a guy plays limited minutes lol.

You can believe that Bailey went from averaging over 20 minutes per game to less than 6 versus UNC however you want to frame it. You are so emotional.

His PT was cut by 2/3rds in the VERY NEXT GAME after he quit against Villanova. Less than 6 minutes is pretty damning evidence.

Name calling? Calm down.
That’s not evidence of a suspension at all, that’s getting your minutes cut…when TF have you ever heard of a suspension being for 2/3 of average minutes? Lmao

You think there are 19 players better than Kennedy Chandler? If FanDuel had an option, I would gladly bet he gets drafted top 15.
Hell, I’ll bet you. How many sub 6’ guards can you came that have been drafted Top 15 the past 5 years? Chandler is great, but NBA will see his height as a major negative whether fair or not.

Hell, I’ll bet you. How many sub 6’ guards can you came that have been drafted Top 15 the past 5 years? Chandler is great, but NBA will see his height as a major negative whether fair or not.
I mean, sub 6 foot not many. But since Chandler is 6-1 I don’t understand the question. off the top of my head at least two are the same height as KC. Darius Garland, and Trae Young.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back