The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

I loved the Six Million Dollar Man and I watched Big Valley reruns with my Granny over the summers, I was young, 7ish. Have u all seen the ski movie where Majors is the bad guy ?, Stoner, beer drinking flick, little nudity and one of the London twins saves the day, got the girl. Kinda funny, Majors was great as a bad a$$ bad guy

Reactions: Dallasbowlin
From Hee-Haw, yeah I don't remember her name, but yeah, she was hot and I thank her, I was around 13 when this show was still on

As I remember, most of the younger women on the show were fairly well endowed with outfits that didn't hide very much.

Thank u, the Mom was a star, too and Lee Majors was Heath

Barbara Stanwyck, big movie star in the 30s and 40s. She actually liked making Westerns so The Big Valley kept her working as the movie roles dried up.

Reactions: The Dog
I liked The Rifleman with Chuck Conners, that square jawed, 6'5 actor, who played for the Celtics in basketball, Dodgers and Cubs in baseball, plus he was drafted by the Bears in football. Blond and blue-eyed, but I remember him playing Geronimo in an old western. Talk about the alpha male, that guy was a beast

Ma and Pa kettle doesn’t get enough love IMO.
Believe it or not, the Kettles were based on neighbors of Betty MacDonald in Washington State. They are among the characters in “The Egg And I”, a bestseller she wrote. Until recently, I lived in that area of the country.
One would think that the Kettles were stereotypical Southern hillbillies, but apparently “hillbillies” can be found all over the country.

I liked The Rifleman with Chuck Conners, that square jawed, 6'5 actor, who played for the Celtics in basketball, Dodgers and Cubs in baseball, plus he was drafted by the Bears in football. Blond and blue-eyed, but I remember him playing Geronimo in an old western. Talk about the alpha male, that guy was a beast
Some guys are dudes, other guys are men. He was a man.

Changing the subject, what does everyone think about the possibility of Texas and Oklahoma joining the SEC? It’s apparently more than just a rumor, according to what I’ve read recently.
From a football perspective, it’s just going to make it more difficult for the Vols to be competitive in the future. Can you imagine Alabama and Auburn moving to the SEC East?
Basketball would be enhanced, IMO. Beard-coached Texas and an Oklahoma that makes the NCAA tourney most years would both be difficult opponents,

Changing the subject, what does everyone think about the possibility of Texas and Oklahoma joining the SEC? It’s apparently more than just a rumor, according to what I’ve read recently.
From a football perspective, it’s just going to make it more difficult for the Vols to be competitive in the future. Can you imagine Alabama and Auburn moving to the SEC East?
Basketball would be enhanced, IMO. Beard-coached Texas and an Oklahoma that makes the NCAA tourney most years would both be difficult opponents,
They're good schools. I don't really have a problem with it.

Changing the subject, what does everyone think about the possibility of Texas and Oklahoma joining the SEC? It’s apparently more than just a rumor, according to what I’ve read recently. From a football perspective, it’s just going to make it more difficult for the Vols to be competitive in the future. Can you imagine Alabama and Auburn moving to the SEC East? Basketball would be enhanced, IMO. Beard-coached Texas and an Oklahoma that makes the NCAA tourney most years would both be difficult opponents,

If we're going to go through another round of conference expansions, the SEC might as well go first to get the best chance at teams they would want.

Reactions: Vols All Day
If we're going to go through another round of conference expansions, the SEC might as well go first to get the best chance at teams they would want.

If the SEC does expand, they should just go huge and go get Ohio State and Michigan too. Then tell the NCAA to kick rocks and just do your own thing. The SEC with Texas, OU, Ohio State, and Michigan would make enough money and be in enough media markets to be profitable with ease.

VN Store

Back