The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

I haven't seen a thread on TBT yet. What's everyone's thoughts? It's a cool roster, but several haven't played professional in a long time. I'm curious to see what they look like these days. If you had a roster like:

Punter
Lofton
Hopson
McRae
Stokes
Chism
Hubbs
Armani

It could have a legit shot at competing for it all maybe.

If you truly believe that then why do you badger fans that say we should expect a Sw16 as a starting place for expectations this season? I fear your 'everything else falls into place ' is an out for the guy if he lays an EGG.

The recruiting is in place. The rest will fall into place given enough repetitions. Barnes was a bad bounce and a BS foul away from probably 2x Elite 8s. Luck is one of the things that needs to fall into place as well as a bad call or two going in your favor. The sample size is small but the bashers don’t seem to understand that.

Assuming a Sweet 16 is assuming that a team will be in the 95th percentile. It is more difficult than than many are capable of comprehending so they make stupid comments about CRB laying post season eggs. He was in the SECT finals 2 years in row (which had never been done by TN since the tournament returned in 1979). He’s been making Sweet 16s about a quarter of the time over the last 15-20 years.

TN has been to 8x Sweet 16s in its history. Expecting that as a starting place is ignorant.

If that's your only goal as it seems to be with many of you, yes. it's very impressive. Frankly, I'd be more impressed with results related to better recruiting. Hopefully it follows.
Odd that you read this into my post as I was commenting on the topic of 5*’s signed prior to the last 2 years. I’m interested in results like yourself although not only in the post season as I enjoy the entire season when our team is competing and improving. I’ve stated on here several times that I don’t place as high of value in the recruiting rankings as most folks as our best team in the past decade wasn’t composed of highly ranked recruits yet 4 of them are hanging around the edges of the nba. Lots of 5*’s during that era are pumping gas right now

Reactions: cncchris33
Isn’t is unusual for a freshman to room with a junior? Guess the rest of the junior class transferred?

It was definitely cause Pember and Gaines, JJJ’s previous roommates, transferred. The big question is who will be the third in there as they go three to a dorm suite. Probably mashack. So weird every other player is on campus, and mashack’s still playing HS ball

I know this is a random question, but does anyone remember the saying/slogan on the warm up shirts the men would wear. I think it was earlier this year but I am unable to find it.
Thanks,

VN Store

Back