The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Jordan couldn’t guard prime KD. Though KD does struggle with smaller guards, it would be a fun hypothetical matchup.
So, KD admittedly struggles with "smaller guards" (Jordan is 6-6, btw...not exactly small), but you think Jordan, one of the greatest defensive guards of his day, would struggle to guard KD? Jordan was 1st team NBA All-Defense 9x in his career, 3x NBA season steals leader, and 1988 NBA DPOY. Not to mention the competitive edge MJ wields over KD.

So, KD admittedly struggles with "smaller guards" (Jordan is 6-6, btw...not exactly small), but you think Jordan, one of the greatest defensive guards of his day, would struggle to guard KD? Jordan was 1st team NBA All-Defense 9x in his career, 3x NBA season steals leader, and 1988 NBA DPOY. Not to mention the competitive edge MJ wields over KD.
6-5 but I won’t argue over an inch... in this case at least lol. I just feel like KD has so many ways he can score. Jordan wasn’t guarding dude’s like KD.

Your last sentence alone wins the argument

6-5 but I won’t argue over an inch... in this case at least lol. I just feel like KD has so many ways he can score. Jordan wasn’t guarding dude’s like KD.
6-5, 6-6...I wouldn't call him small was the point, I guess. He also has an almost 7-0 wingspan, too. And while I admit Jordan never really guarded anyone like KD, I'd also argue that KD's never gone against anyone like Jordan. MJ isn't going to stop him every time, obviously, but he'd have held his own.

6-5, 6-6...I wouldn't call him small was the point, I guess. He also has an almost 7-0 wingspan, too. And while I admit Jordan never really guarded anyone like KD, I'd also argue that KD's never gone against anyone like Jordan. MJ isn't going to stop him every time, obviously, but he'd have held his own.
Smaller compared to KD was what I was getting at... and I agree Jordan would hold his own. Would probably even beat KD a few times, but I feel like if you did a series Durant could win it.

Does anyone else here have major sinus problems? I feel like I have a constant sinus headache.

I'm preaching to myself as much as anything here, because I never go to the doctor, but you should definitely go to your doctor. I've known several people to have chronic sinus problems, and they had a life-changing surgery that gave them unbelievable relief. Then there is a lady that lives across the street that went in for something similar recently and they found some shadows in a scan and it turns out it's a couple tumors in a sinus tube up in her brain that they're going in to operate on next month. I don't say that to scare you, but at a minimum if you could just have them do something to provide relief from sinus headaches, just think what that would do for you, because I've had just enough of those to know how awful they are.

I'm preaching to myself as much as anything here, because I never go to the doctor, but you should definitely go to your doctor. I've known several people to have chronic sinus problems, and they had a life-changing surgery that gave them unbelievable relief. Then there is a lady that lives across the street that went in for something similar recently and they found some shadows in a scan and it turns out it's a couple tumors in a sinus tube up in her brain that they're going in to operate on next month. I don't say that to scare you, but at a minimum if you could just have them do something to provide relief from sinus headaches, just think what that would do for you, because I've had just enough of those to know how awful they are.

No I've had surgery, I had my nose "fixed" a few years ago and had some fatty sinus tissue removed. My nose is slightly crooked but my doctors said interally my deviated septum was one of the worst they had seen. Like I had broken my nose at some point and didn't realize it but they also said it's possible it was formed that way when I was born. So I had that fixed but I was told the way my sinuses are that some of the problems would come back. My guess is the fatty tissue has returned and I was told having that it's almost like I have a constant sinus infection.

I don't want to over-dramatize it so when I say constant headache it's not like a "I have to lay down" headache, more like a constant pressure I can feel. It's possible I need to go back and get a new scan to see my nose is still fixed because I was told several people have to have their septum fixed again because it can go right back to being messed up over time.

Reactions: wtmvol
No I've had surgery, I had my nose "fixed" a few years ago and had some fatty sinus tissue removed. My nose is slightly crooked but my doctors said interally my deviated septum was one of the worst they had seen. Like I had broken my nose at some point and didn't realize it but they also said it's possible it was formed that way when I was born. So I had that fixed but I was told the way my sinuses are that some of the problems would come back. My guess is the fatty tissue has returned and I was told having that it's almost like I have a constant sinus infection.

I don't want to over-dramatize it so when I say constant headache it's not like a "I have to lay down" headache, more like a constant pressure I can feel. It's possible I need to go back and get a new scan to see my nose is still fixed because I was told several people have to have their septum fixed again because it can go right back to being messed up over time.
I’ve had similar problems before, have you tried a nasal rinse?

Reactions: walkenvol
I think that the current air quality decline is affecting those around Knoxville. It has become so bad that open burning isn’t currently allowed. Plus throw the seasonal allergies into the mix and headaches and sinus difficulties are the norm right now.

This feels like a dangerous path for mid-majors to go down. Don’t play big teams, don’t get into the Big Dance. This transfer portal drama is only going to get worse I fear.

Very tough line for them to toe on this. I totally understand their reasoning on this, but like you said, if they don't play high majors, their chances of making the NCAAT get hit.

VN Store

Back