The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

I watched this whole thing expecting it to be an announcement lol. The emoji is interesting though.

I did the same thing, which is odd because he rarely posts. Also is the hourglass emoji indicating he is announcing for the draft soon? He should definitely go pro and get that lottery money.

I’m starting to think Uros will have a significantly increased role. Anyone else think so?
Probably depends on what we do with the roster in the offseason. If Fulk returns, we land BHH and Aidoo, maybe add a transfer big man, and it's hard to see Uros making much more impact than last season. He was already behind Nkamhoua, anyway.

Didn’t he move past ON the last couple games? Seems like he was the first big off the bench at the end of the season

Not sure how many baseball fans we have in here, but I have been a lifelong Braves fan.

Last night's ESPN Sunday Night Baseball nationally televised game ended when Philadelphia's Alec Bohm attempted to score on a shallow fly ball to left field with one out. Marcell Ozuna, the Braves' LF, gets the put-out and throws for home, narrowly beating out a foot-first slide from Bohm to the plate. While Travis d'Arnaud is applying the tag, Bohm's foot bounces over the plate, never touching the plate, and he is ruled safe.

In what should have been the easiest review of all time, the replay officials in New York, despite the aid of at least 5 different angles, slow motion, and zoom effects, upheld the call in what might have been the most unexplained and reprehensible misuse of replay in MLB I have ever seen. Just a total embarrassment for the sport and for the entire idea of having a replay system.

MLB's defense is that no angle showed definitive evidence that he missed the plate (which isn't true). And any logically thinking human can watch all 5 replays, freeze the moment in question, and draw the reasonable conclusion with visual evidencd that his foot never touched, at any point.

It was so appalling that Draftkings and Fanduel both refunded money to straight bets and parlays that ended with bets on the Braves and the moneyline. When Vegas feels sorry for you, that's when you know you've gotten hosed. Shame on MLB for not owning this.

Not sure how many baseball fans we have in here, but I have been a lifelong Braves fan.

Last night's ESPN Sunday Night Baseball nationally televised game ended when Philadelphia's Alec Bohm attempted to score on a shallow fly ball to left field with one out. Marcell Ozuna, the Braves' LF, gets the put-out and throws for home, narrowly beating out a foot-first slide from Bohm to the plate. While Travis d'Arnaud is applying the tag, Bohm's foot bounces over the plate, never touching the plate, and he is ruled safe.

In what should have been the easiest review of all time, the replay officials in New York, despite the aid of at least 5 different angles, slow motion, and zoom effects, upheld the call in what might have been the most unexplained and reprehensible misuse of replay in MLB I have ever seen. Just a total embarrassment for the sport and for the entire idea of having a replay system.

MLB's defense is that no angle showed definitive evidence that he missed the plate (which isn't true). And any logically thinking human can watch all 5 replays, freeze the moment in question, and draw the reasonable conclusion with visual evidencd that his foot never touched, at any point.

It was so appalling that Draftkings and Fanduel both refunded money to straight bets and parlays that ended with bets on the Braves and the moneyline. When Vegas feels sorry for you, that's when you know you've gotten hosed. Shame on MLB for not owning this.
I can't believe Draftkings and Fanduel actually both refunded money

Reactions: cncchris33

I’m a big baseball fan, too. I concur. And, the MLB replay system is the biggest waste of money in any sport. It is incomprehensible how often they mess it up. It is also frustrating the moments in which they use the replay system, too.

On Opening Day, the Red Sox and Orioles played and literally the first time the Red Sox came up to bat there was an attempted pickoff at first base. The runner is called safe, but on review it looks like (but it’s unclear) the runners foot came off the top of the bag for less than a millisecond and goes immediately back down. Something you’d never see without replay. The review took 5 minutes.

They preach about how slow the game is and wanting to speed up the game, and as such they implement all these asinine rule changes that aren’t in the spirit of the game, yet they implement replay in a way that is directly counter to the game. There is absolutely no reason that play should have been reviewed and both sets of team commentators concurred. Yet, when it comes to a moment when replay SHOULD be used like last night, they always mess it up. It’s a true embarrassment for the sport. They should just get rid of it.

Last edited:
I’m a big baseball fan, too. I concur. And, the MLB replay system is the biggest waste of money in any sport. It is incomprehensible how often they mess it up. It is also frustrating the moments in which they use the replay system, too.

On Opening Day, the Red Sox and Orioles played and literally the first time the Red Sox came up to bat there was an attempted pickoff at first base. The runner is called safe, but on review it looks like (but it’s unclear) the runners foot came off the top of the bag for less than a millisecond and goes immediately back down. Something you’d never see without replay. The review took 5 minutes.

They preach about how slow the game is and wanting to speed up the game, and as such they implement all these asinine rule changes that aren’t in the spirit of the game, yet they implement replay in a way that is directly counter to the game. There is absolutely no reason that play should have been reviewed and both sets of team commentators concurred. Yet, when it comes to a moment when replay SHOULD be used like last night, they always mess it up. It’s a true embarrassment for the sport. They should just get rid of it.
I agree, and I don't know about you but I absolutely hate the rule of putting a runner on second in extra innings. Stupidest thing they could have done.

Reactions: The Dog
I agree, and I don't know about you but I absolutely hate the rule of putting a runner on second in extra innings. Stupidest thing they could have done.
That one doesn’t bother me as much, but I understand how it would irritate a true baseball purist. I see no difference in it and the way that OT is handled in the NFL, college football, basketball, and to an extent, hockey and soccer. The rules are changed in those sports to shorten the game and arrive at a more immediate outcome, too, but it is still new to baseball and baseball has always seemed like the most “traditional” sport, so I can sympathize with those that don’t like it. I know several like you.

I’m also a proponent of the full-time DH in both leagues, too, though, so maybe I’m just too progressive...LOL.

Reactions: Willy14
That one doesn’t bother me as much, but I understand how it would irritate a true baseball purist. I see no difference in it and the way that OT is handled in the NFL, college football, basketball, and to an extent, hockey and soccer. The rules are changed in those sports to shorten the game and arrive at a more immediate outcome, too, but it is still new to baseball and baseball has always seemed like the most “traditional” sport, so I can sympathize with those that don’t like it. I know several like you.

I’m also a proponent of the full-time DH in both leagues, too, though, so maybe I’m just too progressive...LOL.

I'm a huge proponent of the full-time DH. But, I hate the new extra innings rule. I guess that put's me somewhere in the middle of the casual fans and the purists, lol.

My reasoning being that watching pitchers bat is sooooo boring. The purists would argue it makes the 1 time out of 20 that a pitcher gets a hit more meaningful, but I think it's really dumb that you just have a black hole in your lineup.

I don't like the extra innings rule, because it is directly counter to the spirit of the game. I don't think we should reward teams for making "loud outs" (i.e. flyout to the outfield). You make two of those in extras and boom you win the game. You should have to get on base, drive in runs, etc. just like the rest of the game.

I don't think it necessarily shortens the game either. In the second Red Sox/Rays game of the year, it went to extras and the lead changed 4 times and went to the 12th inning.

I'm a huge proponent of the full-time DH. But, I hate the new extra innings rule. I guess that put's me somewhere in the middle of the casual fans and the purists, lol.

My reasoning being that watching pitchers bat is sooooo boring. The purists would argue it makes the 1 time out of 20 that a pitcher gets a hit more meaningful, but I think it's really dumb that you just have a black hole in your lineup.

I don't like the extra innings rule, because it is directly counter to the spirit of the game. I don't think we should reward teams for making "loud outs" (i.e. flyout to the outfield). You make two of those in extras and boom you win the game. You should have to get on base, drive in runs, etc. just like the rest of the game.

I don't think it necessarily shortens the game either. In the second Red Sox/Rays game of the year, it went to extras and the lead changed 4 times and went to the 12th inning.

Agree on the DH. I was anti DH until last year, but watching the Braves use it
all year changed my mind.

Disagree on the extra inning rule. Nothing worse than a 13+ inning game. Games like that can kill a bullpen for several games after too.

Reactions: Cosmo Kramer

While it doesn’t necessarily ALWAYS shorten the game, that is certainly the intent. And maybe it would be more fair to start a man on 1st base instead of 2nd? Or start him on 2nd but also start the inning with 1 out? That eliminates the opportunity to score on two loud outs, meaning you most likely have to put a ball in play to score.

It’s anti-American, but with 162 games I wish they would just end the game in a tie after 12 innings.

It’s anti-American, but with 162 games I wish they would just end the game in a tie after 12 innings.
Booooo...no ties, play on!

Unpopular opinion, but I wish they would shorten the season. 60 games, like we saw, last year, is too short, but you got an idea of the importance of every game, or the ramifications of a 5 game winning/losing streak in that shortened season. 162 games is just too many, IMO. I think 120 is a good number; 40 games (10 games vs each team) against your division opponents, 60 (6 games vs each team) against the rest of your league, and 20 against an opposite-league division (4 games vs each team).

VN Store

Back