The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Garbage assessment, Goodman

It’s like Goodman just looked at a sheet of teams and placed them in a random order based on their status as a typical blue blood, plus this NCAAT results.

You cannot possibly argue, IMO, that the garbage UK team from this past year adds a few pieces, but is now Top 15, meanwhile we add the #1 PG in the country, a top transfer, etc. and we aren’t even ranked.

Way-too-early Power 36 rankings for the 2021-22 college basketball season

I know we had a disappointing season this year, but the fact we are being overlooked so much for 2021-2022 is ridiculous. Not even in the top 36 teams? Oral Roberts?!?! Talk about recency bias....

Honestly, good. This is going to give the guys a lot of ammunition. I like being the hunter instead of the hunted. Barnes' seems to get more out of his teams when he can sell the "No one believes in you" shtick.

Way-too-early Power 36 rankings for the 2021-22 college basketball season

I know we had a disappointing season this year, but the fact we are being overlooked so much for 2021-2022 is ridiculous. Not even in the top 36 teams? Oral Roberts?!?! Talk about recency bias....

Honestly, good. This is going to give the guys a lot of ammunition. I like being the hunter instead of the hunted. Barnes' seems to get more out of his teams when he can sell the "No one believes in you" shtick.

Right, it's ridiculous. UCLA at number 1 and mostly top 3-5 on other website's rankings. I mean one more loss during the regular season, they don't even make the tournament or a ball bounces a different way during a regulation against Sparty and they don't even make the field of 64. They'll be pretty good next year and could make a nice run in the tournament, but #1 to start the year? Give me a break.

lol. Jeff Goodman is the worst. This Top 25 is horrible. Purdue at #4? Kentucky at #15? Tennessee not even ranked?
Not going off these rankings as I didn’t look at them but I basically ignore whatever he opines on. He may be a fine person but he’s not the sharpest tool in the shed

Here are the T-Rankings which he hasn’t even published yet. It deducts uncommitted players in the portal and assumes no returning seniors. Also makes some assumptions about who is going to the draft even if they haven’t announced (like Keon)
10. Kentucky
13. Alabama
19. Florida
20. LSU
24. Tennessee
33. Auburn
37. Arkansas
74. Vanderbilt
77. Mississippi State
80. South Carolina
82. Ole Miss
111. Texas A&M
112. Missouri
212. Georgia

Obviously this could and almost certainly will change a lot since the portal is so full and seniors can come back. But this is kind of the baseline as to where we stand now

We played .500 ball for the 2nd half of the season, got blasted in round 1 of the NCAA tourney, are losing 2 NBA draft picks plus Pons, and yall are mad we aren't in the top 25 the day after the title game?

As of right now, we probably should be on the outside looking in, despite how good we all think and hope Chandler is.

Here are the T-Rankings which he hasn’t even published yet. It deducts uncommitted players in the portal and assumes no returning seniors. Also makes some assumptions about who is going to the draft even if they haven’t announced (like Keon)
7. Alabama
11. Kentucky
19. Florida
20. LSU
24. Tennessee
33. Auburn
37. Arkansas
74. Vanderbilt
77. Mississippi State
80. South Carolina
82. Ole Miss
111. Texas A&M
112. Missouri
212. Georgia

Obviously this could and almost certainly will change a lot since the portal is so full and seniors can come back. But this is kind of the baseline as to where we stand now
W Bediako moves Bama up to 7

Did Barnes oversell the “we could beat anyone in the country” line to the media this year? I know you don’t tell your team, guys we wouldn’t be able to beat Gonzaga, etc, but I heard Barnes say that more this year than I can ever remember. Did he really believe that? Or was he trying to instill confidence into his team heading into the tourney?
I still believe that UT could've beaten anyone in the country. It's a problem when they could also lose to any team in the country as well....

Yeah I had a feeling Baylor was going to win it all when I saw how the "switch" got turned back on in the tournament. They were thrashing folks, seemed they got the appropriate wake-up call prior to the tournament when Ok State put them outta the Big-12.

Yeah I had a feeling Baylor was going to win it all when I saw how the "switch" got turned back on in the tournament. They were thrashing folks, seemed they got the appropriate wake-up call prior to the tournament when Ok State put them outta the Big-12.

Yep every elite team needs a loss late in the year to get the kids attention. The zags needed that

VN Store

Back