The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

The final four run gives him a lot of leeway even with the bad season this year. Agree with you that it would not be pretty if Barnes was having a year like Auburn.
If Barnes was to ever make a F4 I give exactly zero percent chance it would buy him any leeway after about 2 years here...it would be right back to he needs to retire and is collecting a check now that he’s made a F4.

If Barnes was to ever make a F4 I give exactly zero percent chance it would buy him any leeway after about 2 years here...it would be right back to he needs to retire and is collecting a check now that he’s made a F4.

They have gave him a pass last year when he blew the SECT and made a S16 with a preseason #7 team and then went 17-14 so yeah I’m pretty confident he’d get plenty of leeway.

Last edited:

Then the people who would potentially have that mentality are dumb and should do some research on UT hoops.

SIAP but has the SEC said anything about the makeup games?

There is nothing on sec dot com’s schedule for the last two open dates. They were showing TN at Vandy while utsports dot com did not.

It really only might matter in the groupings for the last double bye. The first 3 and last two have pretty much been determined. And only GA and TN have an open date in the middle of next week. I’d think that TN v FL playing for the #4 seed isn’t off the table, but if the #5 seed doesn’t push for it then they could skip it anyway. What is worse (or better)... potentially losing Saturday versus a very good opponent and then turning around and playing again on Thursday or just settling to play on Thursday anyway and taking the preceding Saturday off?

No do the Barnes Bashing post count. Start with the 85 guy’s.

Well I searched the forum for fired/retired over the last week since Sunday and found only two posters who wanted that to happen. And Barnes deserves to be criticized with how the last three weeks have played out.

Well I searched the forum for fired/retired over the last week since Sunday and found only two posters who wanted that to happen. And Barnes deserves to be criticized with how the last three weeks have played out.

Those posters hollering for Barnes to quit/retire, think it’ll help the program moving forward.

With what proof? That’s all I’m saying.

Those posters hollering for Barnes to quit/retire, think it’ll help the program moving forward.

With what proof? That’s all I’m saying.

Do you pay attention to a 1-2% minority in other opinions as much as you do with the “Barnes should be fired” group?

Didn’t get to watch the game but the box score indicates that Bama took 33 threes while Arkansas took only 14. I have a hard time feeling sympathy for teams that just jack threes all the time getting a disproportionate whistle against them.
Same situation with us last night - Vandy jacking 3’s then pushing the limit against us with physical D.

Should Barnes be fired? Nope. Is he coasting to retirement? Nope.

But I think you’re starting to see a trend. It’s not over yet but assuming we don’t win the SECT or make it out of the first round this will be the third straight year Tennessee has underachieved. The problem is the outdated offense he refuses to change. And with Johnson/Springer/Pons leaving and maybe Fulkerson, Barnes might have to replace 4 of the top 6 from this years rotation. Chandler is uber talented but I don’t trust the staff to use him properly. He’s gonna need 1-2 legitimate grad transfers to help the 2022 Vols be a tournament team.

Thank goodness RPI isn’t the main metric anymore for evaluating teams. We’d legit be a bubble team as our RPI ranking is currently 60th, which is absurd. I know we haven’t been playing that well of late, but no way is our resume in the ballpark of a 60 RPI ranking.

But 85 is chronic. He might not stick the word “retire” in his posts, but he is over the top. Without looking it wouldn’t surprise me is he took a shot at Barnes at least once on every page of the game thread. Then when facts are brought to support the assertion that his takes are garbage, the narrative changes to the Barnes supporters are over the top. That’s simply not true. A lot of good posters have “checked out” because the bashing is well beyond reasonable.

But 85 is chronic. He might not stick the word “retire” in his posts, but he is over the top. Without looking it wouldn’t surprise me is he took a shot at Barnes at least once on every page of the game thread. Then when facts are brought to support the assertion that his takes are garbage, the narrative changes to the Barnes supporters are over the top. That’s simply not true. A lot of good posters have “checked out” because the bashing is well beyond reasonable.

Well he doesn’t violate board rules. Even if his opinion is wrong. People called for Pruitt to be fired all the time. People called for Butch to be fired allllllllllllllll the time. You can simply ignore it if it bothers you that much. And I haven’t seen what your asserting about posters checking out because of Barnes bashing. If they are bothered so much by those opinions then maybe message board posting isn’t their thing. Up until the last three weeks, the Barnes bashing had been pretty minimal

That guy is living in people's heads rent free and it's honestly comical at this point. Just click his name and hit the ignore button and you won't even see his posts. People would rather come on here and just complain instead of actually solving the problem for themselves. Pretty much a microcosm of our society.

Well he doesn’t violate board rules. Even if his opinion is wrong. People called for Pruitt to be fired all the time. People called for Butch to be fired allllllllllllllll the time. You can simply ignore it if it bothers you that much. And I haven’t seen what your asserting about posters checking out because of Barnes bashing. If they are bothered so much by those opinions then maybe message board posting isn’t their thing. Up until the last three weeks, the Barnes bashing had been pretty minimal

The game thread is filled up with negativity and critics that I don’t recognize. But it’s the ‘emotional release’ thread, so be it.

The board rules could use some adjustments. Your 4 or 5 posters are ruining the platform. It’s hardly a discussion anymore. The mods seem to have their hands full moving posts to the Barnes Discussion (merged) thread. They have overrun the community.

That guy is living in people's heads rent free and it's honestly comical at this point. Just click his name and hit the ignore button and you won't even see his posts. People would rather come on here and just complain instead of actually solving the problem for themselves. Pretty much a microcosm of our society.

No he’s not.

It’s a combination of two things:

1. “Pearl is way better than Barnes. He owns him.”

2. “Barnes is washed up. White needs to go after a better coach.”

So technically if we don’t agree with their narrative then we support mediocrity.

Not to hard to miss it after last nights meltdown in the game thread.

Should Barnes be fired? Nope. Is he coasting to retirement? Nope.

But I think you’re starting to see a trend. It’s not over yet but assuming we don’t win the SECT or make it out of the first round this will be the third straight year Tennessee has underachieved. The problem is the outdated offense he refuses to change. And with Johnson/Springer/Pons leaving and maybe Fulkerson, Barnes might have to replace 4 of the top 6 from this years rotation. Chandler is uber talented but I don’t trust the staff to use him properly. He’s gonna need 1-2 legitimate grad transfers to help the 2022 Vols be a tournament team.
Post saved.

VN Store

Back