The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Actually failing a ncaa piss test would be worse than 16 games. It would be the entire year so I think the length of suspension rules out that. Seems like he took some benefit from An agent to me or perhaps sold something impermissible
Does the NCAA do drug tests? Thought only for PEDs, not weed? Or is it all in one?

Actually failing a ncaa piss test would be worse than 16 games. It would be the entire year so I think the length of suspension rules out that. Seems like he took some benefit from An agent to me or perhaps sold something impermissible
Failing a school piss test does not get you a years suspension.

Reactions: Ace
I'd never pay that much for one. Hard to believe people will. That's insane lol.
I wanted one until I realized the new Spider-Man game is also available on the PS4, so I’ll just wait and get it at maybe a cheaper price one day.

@bleedingTNorange here you go

Ok boys I figured it out and I was partially wrong.

this almost certainly was an ncaa drug test related suspension. I
Assume he failed the ncaa test in Louisville. I stated that a PED failed test was a year long suspension and that is correct but I think the ncaa recently changed another part of of their policy.
This has to be it.

someone help me but I assume this means Pot???!

From ncaa:

The penalty for a positive test for a substance in the cannabinoid class is withholding from competition for 50% of the season in all sports in which the student-athlete participates. A second positive test for a cannabinoid results in the loss of a year of eligibility and withholding from participation for 365 days from the test.

16 games would be 50%

It’s obviously not been the start to the season that anyone associated with or rooting for Tennessee basketball had hoped for. The preseason favorites to win the SEC, due to Covid-19 concerns the Vols have been forced to cancel their first four games. That means no date against No. 1 Gonzaga in Indianapolis and no road trip to Notre Dame.

Rick Barnes tested positive on Monday and has been isolating at his home ever since. As of Thursday afternoon the head coach was reporting only very mild symptoms. In addition to Barnes at least three other people around the program have recently tested positive though no players that we are aware of.

However, the head coach has obviously been around his players and in close proximity to some that have not yet been infected, so those individuals are caught up in contact tracing.

It is our understanding that Tennessee is certainly trying to add some more non-conference games to make up for the cancellations, however considering how difficult it was to cobble together the current non-conference schedule that is certainly no guarantee. If teams continue to have cancellations at the rate we’ve seen this week it’s certainly possible that the Vols could pick up someone looking for a game.

The main reason everything about this week has been so disappointing for fans is because of the obvious potential of this team. We don’t have anything new to report that we haven’t already mentioned as far as how guys are looking, but there’s a lot of excitement from the coaching staff regarding what this team could be capable of.

With two more weeks before the season begins there will still be time for guys to make some moves up or down in the rotation. Based on what we’re hearing right now it sounds like John Fulkerson and Yves Pons are obviously locked in as starters along with Keon Johnson and Santiago Vescovi. The fifth spot seems a little bit up for grabs between Jaden Springer, Josiah James and Victor Bailey who continues to make serious noise with his outside shooting.

We hope everyone has a great weekend and stay well !

- VQ

VN Store

Back