The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

I feel like even if there is a surge in cases, it should be do-able.

completely different Tangent here, but can someone explain putting the cheerleaders in the stands for football? Seems like if you don’t want them getting sick you’d keep them on the field 🤷‍♂️

Depends on what you mean as doable.

25% full or less, probably. Best case is probably 50% but that will depend on trending and other factors. My guess it will probably start out empty or very low and gradually work up to 50%

Reactions: Dallasbowlin
Depends on what you mean as doable.

25% full or less, probably. Best case is probably 50% but that will depend on trending and other factors. My guess it will probably start out empty or very low and gradually work up to 50%
I personally would start at 25% and aim at getting 50% by conference play.

Reactions: VolsSportsFan
I personally would start at 25% and aim at getting 50% by conference play.

Maybe we can cheat and have half the crowd dress like empty seats and they'll blend in :)

vzzzvZz.gif

Reactions: Dallasbowlin
Covid numbers going up and big difference between indoor and outdoor events

I’ll bet no fans is nearly a Certainty
Logically, there shouldn’t be any difference. If they all wear mask and are spread apart, should be ok. But then again logic hasn’t been used by local governments here lately,

Reactions: Yeiser10
There’s no logic to the many different mandated responses to this. Doesn’t diminish the risks, which we also don’t know specifically, only generalities. This also doesn’t minimize the fact that a lot of families have lost loved ones

Not necessarily. Yes, it’s indoors but it shouldn’t matter if the mask is effective, right? We can pile up at Walmart but we can’t spread apart to watch a basketball game? Where’s the logic?

There are several differences. First, it is known that the virus more likely spreads when someone has been in close contact with another for 15 minutes or more. I heard Ross Dellenger on radio yesterday, and he just did a big story on contact tracing. That's why there may be more concerns with basketball than football. The SEC requires football players to wear a device that keeps track of how close you are to people so that they can trace it if someone ends up positive. They have found that opponents are not really spreading the virus on the field because of how football is played. You tackle, and then go back to your side. Basketball is different.

Most people also don't hang around others for 15 minutes while they shop. Second, fans still cheer, scream, and talk while at games. While I avoid Wal-Mart, I don't think you find this for a two hour period in a store.

I have no issues with masks. They are better than nothing, and I am a believer that they help. However, they aren't 100% effective.

Not necessarily. Yes, it’s indoors but it shouldn’t matter if the mask is effective, right? We can pile up at Walmart but we can’t spread apart to watch a basketball game? Where’s the logic?

There's kind of a difference between going in and out of a store that probably has at most a few hundred people in it walking around than being in an arena with a few thousand sitting down for 2-3 hours. That's the logic lol.

Mask are effective, when they're combined with other preventive measures. It's like wearing a rubber, yes there's still a chance of pregnancy and other diseases, but there's way less of a chance than if you're just raw dogging it lol.

Reactions: VolsSportsFan
There are several differences. First, it is known that the virus more likely spreads when someone has been in close contact with another for 15 minutes or more. I heard Ross Dellenger on radio yesterday, and he just did a big story on contact tracing. That's why there may be more concerns with basketball than football. The SEC requires football players to wear a device that keeps track of how close you are to people so that they can trace it if someone ends up positive. They have found that opponents are not really spreading the virus on the field because of how football is played. You tackle, and then go back to your side. Basketball is different.

Most people also don't hang around others for 15 minutes while they shop. Second, fans still cheer, scream, and talk while at games. While I avoid Wal-Mart, I don't think you find this for a two hour period in a store.

I have no issues with masks. They are better than nothing, and I am a believer that they help. However, they aren't 100% effective.

If you are in Wal-Mart for 2 hours and don't work there, then you need some help :)

Because of his current abilities or because of being behind some veteran players? Fortunately won’t need much from him this year most likely
Seems like it was a conditioning issue, IIRC.
I wonder if the staff would like to make him a Grant Williams type player. Someone who is maybe undersized just a bit for the PF position, but is quick and strong. He played more like a SF in high school and at Hargrave, but he could become that PF type that can slip out to the perimeter and be effective when left open and on the dribble. I’d guess he would have to work hard on his back-to-the-basket moves to be that player.

Nkamhoua is listed at 6-8, but looks a bit taller than Walker in the team picture, so despite him also being listed at 6-8, I’d guess Walker is more likely 6-7.

VN Store

Back