The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

I’m usually really fired up right now with the exhibition game about two weeks away. It was on Halloween about 2 years ago. Usually we’ve had the super secret scrimmage versus another school about now. Even with this amazing roster, I’m just not feeling it. I’m missing multiple home football games for the first time in decades. I don’t even know yet if the TBA is going to be open to fans this season. Rona sucks balls. (Insert anti Chinese Communist Party political comment here).
My excitement is through the roof lol

Reactions: Stoked and The Dog
My excitement is through the roof lol
It should be, Dal. If Keon is half as good as I think he is and the media/coaches say he is, then UT will be SEC Championship contenders and even Final 4 contenders, imo. That's not even counting Springer's potential. Potentially and possibly the best UT basketball team, ever.

Well....it's year 3 so of course it means Pruitt has to show us he is in fact not "the guy".

Consistently inconsistent.

Last year was among the most bizarre football seasons I’ve ever seen (how it started vs how it finished)

This season already proving to be a wild ride too

I got my hopes up for the football team. Once again I was let down. I refuse to get my hopes up again. We are an NIT team at best. Now anything above that I can celebrate lol

I got my hopes up for the football team. Once again I was let down. I refuse to get my hopes up again. We are an NIT team at best. Now anything above that I can celebrate lol
I just don't understand what anyone saw to get up for about this football team. Same QB, same struggles. Same stubborn coaching. The people believing we were a 7 or 8 win team were always dreaming without basis for that optimism other than an inflated winning streak against weak opposition.

I just don't understand what anyone saw to get up for about this football team. Same QB, same struggles. Same stubborn coaching. The people believing we were a 7 or 8 win team were always dreaming without basis for that optimism other than an inflated winning streak against weak opposition.

I thought 5 o 6 wins. Unfortunately, UK was one of the wins.

After today, 4 wins seems likely.

I just thought Eric Gray was a top 5 back in the SEC, the offensive line was top 3, and that surely JG could improve a little. I also thought our receivers were better than last year. Doesn’t matter if you can’t ge them the ball though.

Football team ends up 5-5, minimum. Basketball team would win 30 games in a normal season. Anything less than a SEC Championship in the regular season and/or a SEC Tournament championship and/or an Elite 8, will be a disappointment, imo. I know that's crazy high expectations, but I really think UT has that kind of talent, this year

Reactions: ArdentVol
The only good thing about yesterday is I like the new orange pants. Too bad JG stained them with that performance.

Just 4 more weeks of this football misery lad and the real show begins.

Basketball team should be a hell of a lot of fun to watch this year. It's just too bad it's not going to be a traditional season. Either way I am stoked for things to kick-off. I couldn't give two flying you know whats about football anymore. I'm tired of the same crap, different year cycle.

Was thinking today, what are the chances Wideman actually follows through and joins the hoops squad? Don’t think he’d get any PT, just wondering if he actually decides to suit up. Been pretty disappointed with him on the football field so far.

Was thinking today, what are the chances Wideman actually follows through and joins the hoops squad? Don’t think he’d get any PT, just wondering if he actually decides to suit up. Been pretty disappointed with him on the football field so far.

I'm not going to blame Wideman much for his football performance. It's not like any of our other skill players are exactly showing out. We have a ton of talent but no QB who can get them the ball. I'm going to lose my mind when cornbread announces today at his Monday presser that JG is "our guy" and he'll be starting on Saturday.

How has he disappointed so far? Has he been targeted and dropped any balls? I know he made a nice catch on Bailey's only completion, Saturday. I haven't noticed him being on the field. Maybe that is the disappointment.

Reactions: Stoked
How has he disappointed so far? Has he been targeted and dropped any balls? I know he made a nice catch on Bailey's only completion, Saturday. I haven't noticed him being on the field. Maybe that is the disappointment.
He hasn't disappointed. Some people expect freshman to come in right away and contribute. If Bailey gets the nod and doesn't come out looking like the next Manning, then we'll have dumbasses calling him a bust.

He hasn't disappointed. Some people expect freshman to come in right away and contribute. If Bailey gets the nod and doesn't come out looking like the next Manning, then we'll have dumbasses calling him a bust.
And.... from JP’s presser it seems like JG will be the starter. Kill me now.

VN Store

Back