The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Man, Isiah was so good, I fell in love with him (basketball-wise) in 80-81 as a sophomore, when he led Indiana to the National Championship. I liked the NBA, but I, also liked the ABA (not sure when it disbanded, but I was a World B. Free and San Diego Clippers fan, too), so I never really had a favorite team until the Pistons drafted Isiah and every since that day, I've been a Pistons fan. Dumars, Laimbeer, AD and then Mark Aguirre, Microwave, watching Rodman become a star, Salley, Mahorn and Edwards, loved that team(s). Made Jordan and the Bulls like the Celtics made them. Golden age of the NBA, imo

Making me feel old, so despite being a Pistons fan, u don't remember the Bad Boys and the greatest player ever 6' or under, Isiah Thomas ?

I mean I’ve learned and studied them but that was before I was even born when they won those titles.

Watch Zeke battle Bernard King and tell me Zeke couldn't carry a team. Pistons-Knicks 1984 ? Help me here @zjcvols
Yeah it was '84 and King puts on a show, too

Yes Zeke scores 16 points in 94 seconds to force Ot in an elimination game. King puts up like 50

Reactions: The Dog
Yes Zeke scores 16 points in 94 seconds to force Ot in an elimination game. King puts up like 50

I loved watching NBA basketball in the 80's. To me, it was nothing better. Growing up as an Atlanta Hawks fan, I was amazed at how Detroit would always come back from a deficit because Zeke would always take over in the 4th quarter. He was a very underrated shooter but didn't rely on his jumper because you couldn't stop him from driving the lane like Iverson. He would be unstoppable if he played today.

Reactions: The Dog
I loved watching NBA basketball in the 80's. To me, it was nothing better. Growing up as an Atlanta Hawks fan, I was amazed at how Detroit would always come back from a deficit because Zeke would always take over in the 4th quarter. He was a very underrated shooter but didn't rely on his jumper because you couldn't stop him from driving the lane like Iverson. He would be unstoppable if he played today.
Man, in the 80s, the Hawks were probably my second favorite team, I loved Dominique and they were always on WTBS

There’s a great interview of coach Barnes by Seth Davis in “The Athletic” today.

Q&A: Tennessee's Rick Barnes on the Vols, BLM and not slowing down

Talking about taking the Tennessee job...

Before I was even fired at Texas I knew I had the Tennessee job. If you recall, when someone at my press conference asked if I thought I would coach again, I told him, “Sooner than you probably think.” Then I walked right out the door, got on a plane and came to Tennessee.

VN Store

Back