The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Looks like JMac is a Piston.

Bone is on a two-way contract with the Grand Rapids Drive of the NBA G League.

Kyle: Miami Heat of the National Basketball Association (NBA), on a two-way contract with the Sioux Falls Skyforce of the NBA G League.

Admiral: Wizards
Grant: Celtics
Tobias and Josh: 76ers
I thought I read somewhere that Grant and Kyle Alexander got to catch up on old times, in the "Bubble". So, maybe KA got called up and/or replaced somebody who didn't want to risk playing, for the Heat ?

Reactions: IndianapolisVol
I thought I read somewhere that Grant and Kyle Alexander got to catch up on old times, in the "Bubble". So, maybe KA got called up and/or replaced somebody who didn't want to risk playing, for the Heat ?
I believe he averaged just shy of a double double in the G League so it’d be cool if he got some minutes in Orlando.

Reactions: The Dog
Any member of the forum fluent in Spanish? Santi was recently interviewed on a Uruguayan radio station, wondering if he mentioned anything about his plans/when he can return. And just in general what he said. I still don’t regret taking Portuguese at UT to satisfy my language requirements

Talento de exportación: Vescovi y Kirschenbaum disfrutan el presente y sueñan con la NBA
I tried myself since I took a bit in high school, no go though. I did try and use a translator, it was horrible but delivered some hilarious results.

Attachments

• F52A0727-9012-4D2C-B517-121B03748A12.png
    F52A0727-9012-4D2C-B517-121B03748A12.png
    473.3 KB · Views: 37
Saw this on Instagram. Just wanted to share, definitely on my bucket list to have a barn like this one day.

Attachments

• 2CD5654E-8390-4AC3-B653-A187D9BD8334.jpeg
    2CD5654E-8390-4AC3-B653-A187D9BD8334.jpeg
    141 KB · Views: 7
Corey Evans National Basketball Recruiting Analyst:

I think Tennessee is one of the five or six teams (most likely) to win the whole thing. I think it’s Tennessee above everyone else,” Evans said, adding that he would have the Vols at No. 1 in the SEC regardless of what the NCAA decides on Sarr’s transfer waiver.

In addition to Pons, the Vols will return second-team all-league player John Fulkerson, former five-star recruit Josiah-Jordan James, midseason enrollee Santiago Vescovi and others to an incoming group that includes Sacred Heart transfer E.J. Anosike and one of the nation’s best recruiting classes.

“So you throw all those guys together — they got eight, nine guys, and that rotation is as good as anyone in America,” Evans said. “There’s no drop-off. … I think they can win it all.”

That recruiting class features McDonald’s All-American Jaden Springer, five-star shooting guard Keon Johnson and top-75 forward Corey Walker. Johnson might end up being the best of the bunch, and he could be among the top players in the league this season.

I just don’t know how you keep him out of the starting five in the long run,” Evans said. “Keon is just a different guy. He brings a different dynamic to the table with his two-way abilities, and of course, as you know, his athleticism is the elite of the elite. And now he’s a capable shot-maker. I think he’s really a game-changer for Tennessee.

Corey Evans National Basketball Recruiting Analyst:

I think Tennessee is one of the five or six teams (most likely) to win the whole thing. I think it’s Tennessee above everyone else,” Evans said, adding that he would have the Vols at No. 1 in the SEC regardless of what the NCAA decides on Sarr’s transfer waiver.

In addition to Pons, the Vols will return second-team all-league player John Fulkerson, former five-star recruit Josiah-Jordan James, midseason enrollee Santiago Vescovi and others to an incoming group that includes Sacred Heart transfer E.J. Anosike and one of the nation’s best recruiting classes.

“So you throw all those guys together — they got eight, nine guys, and that rotation is as good as anyone in America,” Evans said. “There’s no drop-off. … I think they can win it all.”

That recruiting class features McDonald’s All-American Jaden Springer, five-star shooting guard Keon Johnson and top-75 forward Corey Walker. Johnson might end up being the best of the bunch, and he could be among the top players in the league this season.

I just don’t know how you keep him out of the starting five in the long run,” Evans said. “Keon is just a different guy. He brings a different dynamic to the table with his two-way abilities, and of course, as you know, his athleticism is the elite of the elite. And now he’s a capable shot-maker. I think he’s really a game-changer for Tennessee.
tenor-8.gif

Reactions: swchandler1988
Keon is starting Game 1 and Springer by Game 10. Bailey can play and will contribute, but he's not on Keon's and Springer's level. My starters by SEC play (considering we have a normal college basketball season/schedule) :

Springer
Keon
JJJ
Pons
Fulkerson

First off the bench:

Anosike (close to 20 minutes)
Vescovi (15 mins.)
Bailey (12 mins.)
Walker (10 mins.)
Gaines (8 mins., If he doesn't redshirt)

Garbage Time/Situational Subs:

ON
Plavsic
Pember (if he doesn't redshirt)

In that order, depending on foul trouble

Walker or ON should red shirt barring injury to one the the main 3 post players - won’t be enough minutes available to share to waste a season of eligibility for both of them

All the speculation on this Vol team is going to drive me crazy over the next 5 months. I've never looked forward to any season more than this specific UT season, in any sport. I've been around a long time, so I've had excitement before, but this is off-the-charts.

I am not overly concerned about the basketball season. In my opinion, it could be delayed until January, but I think it will happen. Now, the football season? That is a very different situation.

Reactions: cardvolfan
I am not overly concerned about the basketball season. In my opinion, it could be delayed until January, but I think it will happen. Now, the football season? That is a very different situation.

I'm not too concerned about the basketball season "not happening" but I am concerned it will be drastically changed. I love the non-conference portion of the schedule and the November mini-tournaments. It seems like there is a strong possibility both of those are jettisoned and we're left with a conference only portion of the season. That's better than nothing, but ideally I'd like to see the whole season played out.

I'm not too concerned about the basketball season "not happening" but I am concerned it will be drastically changed. I love the non-conference portion of the schedule and the November mini-tournaments. It seems like there is a strong possibility both of those are jettisoned and we're left with a conference only portion of the season. That's better than nothing, but ideally I'd like to see the whole season played out.

This seems the most likely scenario. Hate it, but it is better than not playing at all

VN Store

Back