The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Potential surprise players for all 22 teams in the NBA restart

PF Grant Williams
It isn't often that a rookie can be labeled a cerebral player, and yet the description fits Williams perfectly. An undersized power forward, Williams quickly earned the trust of Celtics coach Brad Stevens by showing a knack for knowing where to be and when to be there when he got chances to play. And, after famously opening his career by missing his first 25 3-point attempts, Williams shot 21-for-60 (35%) from deep after that. Williams should be an important reserve for the Celtics as they try to make it back to the NBA Finals for the first time in a decade. -- Bontemps

He won a gold medal at the 1953 Maccabiah Games. Along with Ernie and Bruce, TN has had some really good Jewish fellers as part of the basketball program.

Do you guys think it's fair to say that THUS FAR he's earned his new salary? Has he done what we'd expect AT THIS POINT?

No. His previous recruiting misses were the main reason we missed the tourney, which shouldn't be happening year 5 (or missing three tournaments in five years). 2020 class is a very good start but as we saw with James this past season relying on freshmen is tricky.

Of course the fact he is making $5M is crazy to begin with, but that has been discussed to death.

No. His previous recruiting misses were the main reason we missed the tourney, which shouldn't be happening year 5 (or missing three tournaments in five years). 2020 class is a very good start but as we saw with James this past season relying on freshmen is tricky.

Of course the fact he is making $5M is crazy to begin with, but that has been discussed to death.
UT didn't miss the Tournament this year, there wasn't one, but I smell what u are cooking

Previous recruiting misses occurred before his new salary took effect, so the question is quite narrow, but I agree, the seasons results were not $5 million worthy. The real judgement comes in the 2020-21 season and beyond. The 2020 class was a great start.

Cisse picked memphis. No surprise.
Elite athlete, but I personally don’t see him making a huge impact as a freshman.

FYI NBA rookie Matisse Thybulle started a vlog about life in the NBA bubble. He plays for the 76ers and are teammates with Tobias Harris and Josh Richardson who are both regularly featured in the vlogs. I'll linked his Youtube channel if anyone finds this type of content interesting. Enjoy!

Vlog channel

Reactions: TN_gal and tnjedvol
What's the status with Jordy Mac, Bone, and Kyle Alexander? Are Admiral, Grant, Tobias, and J Rich the only former Vols on active NBA rosters?

VN Store

Back