The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

What’s the scoop?

I feel like we probably lead for him and he is set to make a decision public on Friday. That article was released a day or so after Jalen Johnson entered the portal, and Anosike has quite a bit of familiarity with Tennessee, already thru his sister(played for Pat Summitt) and brother was teammates with Lim English overseas. If we don't land him, I will be pretty surprised, honestly.

Reactions: Johnnyreb#VFL
What’s the scoop?

Discussed pretty heavily in other threads. He's a good player at first glance and seems to be wanted by several good programs. We have some family connections with him.

One of those guys that I don't necessarily see it with too well but I am trusting the coaching staff on their evaluation of him as a player.

Unless he's afraid of mixing it up in the SEC, it seems like a perfect fit for him. The talent at guard keeps defenses from focusing on him, plenty of playing time available, and posting up next to Fulkerson should limit how much he can be double teamed when he gets touches in the paint. Switching on defensive screens could present challenges however. He might be unable to effectively defend on the perimeter. Maybe CRB will cave and work on some zone in the off season.

Unless he's afraid of mixing it up in the SEC, it seems like a perfect fit for him. The talent at guard keeps defenses from focusing on him, plenty of playing time available, and posting up next to Fulkerson should limit how much he can be double teamed when he gets touches in the paint. Switching on defensive screens could present challenges however. He might be unable to effectively defend on the perimeter. Maybe CRB will cave and work on some zone in the off season.
The only thing I could see being a problem for him is if he for sure wanted to start wherever he went, then he might choose somewhere else, but I dont think that is the case

The only thing I could see being a problem for him is if he for sure wanted to start wherever he went, then he might choose somewhere else, but I dont think that is the case

True. But he'll have a ton of PT at TN unless ORN and Uros take giant steps in the off season. If he's the real deal he could even crack the starting 5 by SEC play. We really need a beast on the boards.

He may well start for us next year if he can play defense. For Pons to make it big at the next level he has to develop some perimeter skills. I’m sure he will be working hard on those skills this off season so he may start at the 3 next year leaving the 4 open for Anosike

Reactions: TrippieRedd
He may well start for us next year if he can play defense. For Pons to make it big at the next level he has to develop some perimeter skills. I’m sure he will be working hard on those skills this off season so he may start at the 3 next year leaving the 4 open for Anosike
I hope not, Yves really blossomed at the 4, and he can still utlilize those perimeter skills there. I dont think we need to change the starting lineup 3-5 (JJJ, Pons, Fulk) with this added transfer, but he could be great as the first post off the bench

True. But he'll have a ton of PT at TN unless ORN and Uros take giant steps in the off season. If he's the real deal he could even crack the starting 5 by SEC play. We really need a beast on the boards.
What he does best is what we lack the most; rebounding. On the surface, we could use a rim protecting 5 man, but we led the SEC in blocks last year, so that seems to be more of a myth than reality. If we had some guards who could stop ball penetration, we wouldn't have all those block opportunities, and I think Springer and Johnson will go a long way towards providing that.

Reactions: Vol49er
I think Barnes wants to spread the floor and play fast paced basketball with a trapping defense. Anosike fits that mold. A 6ft 6 in forward that can rebound and run the floor. I think next year CRB might have the type of team he has always wanted since coming to UT. I would love for us to be an old school Loyola Marymount type Paul Westhead up tempo basketball team.

Man, that is some awesome stuff. From both guys. Thanks, Dal!

I guess we can put to bed the silly idea that Bone didn't care for Barnes, or for the way he coached him and challenged him. He sounds like a walking, talking billboard for the man.
I have never seen one piece of evidence for that idea, just random comments from the resident 💩 stirrers

Reactions: MinisterofDef#92
Managed to get the courage to go back and revisit 2015 season. Random thoughts...
-We should have lost in the Elite 8 to Notre Dame. We were so bad, only offense was Karl down low. Luckily Mike Bray was an idiot and didnt double Towns the entire game.
-It also really pains me to see Booker on the bench so much.
-Harrison might be one of the most clutch college shooters ever. He saved UK in this game too after dragging us to the title game the year before.

I watched the Arizona Kentucky championship replay yesterday. Funniest part was seeing Josh Pastnuer get shoved out of the way by a teammate as he tries to hog the camera during the celebration. He was an obnoxious little sh—.

VN Store

Back