The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Lee’s 18 points came on 13 attempts and at the expense of 5 TOs. Bowden did a better than decent job defending him, last night, I thought. Lee is a very good player, and I have been a fan of his since his FR year. I wish he played for us.

I am huge fan as well if him. He plays so hard under such terrible circumstances

Reactions: cncchris33
I am huge fan as well if him. He plays so hard under such terrible circumstances
I had sort of hoped he might transfer out following Drew’s firing, and that he may consider Tennessee. I’d have taken him over Bailey in a heartbeat, which isn’t a knock on Bailey. I just think Lee is an immediately proven commodity.

I had sort of hoped he might transfer out following Drew’s firing, and that he may consider Tennessee. I’d have taken him over Bailey in a heartbeat, which isn’t a knock on Bailey. I just think Lee is an immediately proven commodity.

Was hoping Lewis at Alabama was going to do that (he even entered the transfer portal I think) after Avery was fired.

Great player that would have killed under Barnes.He plays so hard on both ends of the floor. I think that he will be great as a pro.

Reactions: cncchris33
Great player that would have killed under Barnes.He plays so hard on both ends of the floor. I think that he will be great as a pro.

I’m not sure he would have been showcased under Barnes. So much of his game is on the dribble drive and we know Barnes doesn’t do much of that

Reactions: tn4elvis
I’m not sure he would have been showcased under Barnes. So much of his game is on the dribble drive and we know Barnes doesn’t do much of that
Hard to say. With the extra talent he would have had around him.He is a super explosive athlete though that plays really hard. He and Bowden were going at it at a high level last night.Even with all the shot blockers we have he was fearless driving it to the hole.I hate Vandy but really like the kids game.

Dear Lord Baby Jesus....please just let us win tomorrow. I don't care how it happens.
Dear eight pound six ounce newborn infant Jesus - don't even know a word yet; just a little infant and so cuddly, but still omnipotent - we just pray that the Vols rain down threes and submit many a'dunk in tomorrow's bout in the Barn. SHAKE AND BAKE!

True road games he's averaging 14.4 ppg, (15.7 if you exclude his worse game of just 5 at South Carolina, the only game he failed to score double digits).

More important to our success is how much production Fulkerson has offensively. In games where he fails to score 10 points we're 1-6 (only win being Murray State, where he only played 17 minutes and had 9 points)

UGGGGH....1-7

Sucks we couldn't capitalize on that amazing 1st half and Bowden having his best game of the season.

On positive note the BaseVols are rolling. Beat #1 or #3 or #6 (depending on the rankings) Texas Tech last night and beat Houston today to go to 6-0 and play #25 Stanford tomorrow.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
Might have to take a break from reading this forum for a bit. The dimwits are out in full force after losing to Auburn, and make it near impossible to find any quality posts.

Same here. Putting about 20 more people on my ignore list helps but I'm almost at the point that I don't even want to come this forum anymore. We seriously have a segment of fans that are giddy when we lose so they can b**** about Barnes. And I seriously think many of them hope our incoming guys are busts so they can keep whining. And the vicariously living through Pearl is just pathetic. At this point it's like if I hope Kiffin kills it at Ole Miss and does better so I can keep putting down Pruitt by pumping Kiffin.

Also it's not lost on me that more and more of the regulars are avoiding this place. BTO posts in like 1 thread now. This place has become quite sad.

Same here. Putting about 20 more people on my ignore list helps but I'm almost at the point that I don't even want to come this forum anymore. We seriously have a segment of fans that are giddy when we lose so they can b**** about Barnes. And I seriously think many of them hope our incoming guys are busts so they can keep whining. And the vicariously living through Pearl is just pathetic. At this point it's like if I hope Kiffin kills it at Ole Miss and does better so I can keep putting down Pruitt by pumping Kiffin.

Also it's not lost on me that more and more of the regulars are avoiding this place. BTO posts in like 1 thread now. This place has become quite sad.

I have just about stopped posting at all on VN. Lots of great fans, but just too many negative posters. Like you said, almost like they can’t wait for Vols to lose so they can whine. I used to think many were trolls from other teams, unfortunately I now think they are Vol fans.

I have just about stopped posting at all on VN. Lots of great fans, but just too many negative posters. Like you said, almost like they can’t wait for Vols to lose so they can whine. I used to think many were trolls from other teams, unfortunately I now think they are Vol fans.

I usually avoid the FF, that's a cesspool. And this forum is becoming the same way.

At 3-1 the rest of the way, how many games will we have to win in the sec tournament to be on the bubble? I’d say you’d have to atleast make it to the final four. 3-1 and make it to the championship game and you’re in IMO

At 3-1 the rest of the way, how many games will we have to win in the sec tournament to be on the bubble? I’d say you’d have to atleast make it to the final four. 3-1 and make it to the championship game and you’re in IMO

It totally depends on what the other bubble teams are doing. Pearl had a really bad record in his 6th season and still made the NCAAT field.

18-13 regular season and 1-1 might be enough. 0-1 would need a whole lot of others losing down the stretch run AND every single bid conference champion also winning their tournament. Actually we need nobody that has a bad record getting automatic bids by winning their conference tournament.

I think 19-14 and we have a very good chance. But we're not bloody likely gonna win at Rupp AND versus Auburn here if their freshman star player heals up. We still have work to do just to make the NIT.

Reactions: Dallasbowlin
It totally depends on what the other bubble teams are doing. Pearl had a really bad record in his 6th season and still made the NCAAT field.

18-13 regular season and 1-1 might be enough. 0-1 would need a whole lot of others losing down the stretch run AND every single bid conference champion also winning their tournament. Actually we need nobody that has a bad record getting automatic bids by winning their conference tournament.

I think 19-14 and we have a very good chance. But we're not bloody likely gonna win at Rupp AND versus Auburn here if their freshman star player heals up. We still have work to do just to make the NIT.
I think we can beat Auburn especially on our home court regardless of okoro. Just need fulkerson to have a better game than he did yesterday and for JJJ to keep the turnovers down. I’m not sure what our current seed is if the tournament started today, but as long as we wouldn’t play Kentucky that second game i like our chances to go on a run. Bowden staying hot is crucial. Hopefully Saturday wasn’t a flash in the pan.

VN Store

Back