The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Only 2 of the 6 freshmen are Sec calibur. Plasvic is a 22 year old freshman, Gaines will be 21 before his sophomore season starts. Olivier N. is 20 years old and a freshman. Pember is 19. Those four players are not Sec calibur players and will never be. I would keep Pember because he is a local kid and I would force the others to leave. You see Joshia James and a barely 18 year old Vescovi are Sec calibur. James physically and Vescovi's skill set easily resemble what a Sec calibur player looks like. Barnes recruited 4 projects in 1 class and only has Pons representing the 17 class and no one from the 18 class. 3 Sec calibur in 3 recruiting classes. Barnes has completely **** the bed and for his sake better hope the 3 guys coming in next year save his ass.

Uros is 21, not 22. Olivier is 19, not 20. Gaines will NOT be 21 before his sophomore season. Stop posting.

Only 2 of the 6 freshmen are Sec calibur. Plasvic is a 22 year old freshman, Gaines will be 21 before his sophomore season starts. Olivier N. is 20 years old and a freshman. Pember is 19. Those four players are not Sec calibur players and will never be. I would keep Pember because he is a local kid and I would force the others to leave. You see Joshia James and a barely 18 year old Vescovi are Sec calibur. James physically and Vescovi's skill set easily resemble what a Sec calibur player looks like. Barnes recruited 4 projects in 1 class and only has Pons representing the 17 class and no one from the 18 class. 3 Sec calibur in 3 recruiting classes. Barnes has completely **** the bed and for his sake better hope the 3 guys coming in next year save his ass.
Glad we’re not overreacting to small sample sizes or anything

I hate that Turner's college career ended early but it's going to end up working out for us in the long run.

Vescovi is going to be special and being forced to play so much this year is going to fast track that.

I absolutely love his game and his demeanor. He will set assist records at UT.

Giving up on Gaines or ON at this point is ridiculous. Kyle Alexander wasn’t great his freshman year and neither was Admiral. I think Gaines will be a solid player (not saying elite).

I agree that Gaines will be a solid player, but if he reaches his full potential, well I just think his ceiling is really high. I know he has a long way to go, but I think he can be elite.

I agree that Gaines will be a solid player, but if he reaches his full potential, well I just think his ceiling is really high. I know he has a long way to go, but I think he can be elite.

Honestly he reminds me the most of Fulkerson of the bunch. And we see how good Fulkerson is now in year 4, if Gaines can stay healthy he should be looking pretty impressive as a Junior or Senior (would love to RS him to give an extra year to develop)

Reactions: i2amavol and Lurker
Didn’t realize Auburn has the worst 3pt% during league play. Okoro has the best % among their starters at 29%. But they rebound a ton of their misses. If we do an even reasonable job on the defensive glass I think we have a decent shot in this one. Unfortunately not a strong suit of ours

Reactions: i2amavol
Didn’t realize Auburn has the worst 3pt% during league play. Okoro has the best % among their starters at 29%. But they rebound a ton of their misses. If we do an even reasonable job on the defensive glass I think we have a decent shot in this one. Unfortunately not a strong suit of ours

Seeing how we played FSU, Memphis, and even Kentucky until that last little stretch. I legit feel we have a shot against any of the remaining teams on the schedule.

Unfortunately though, I'm not sure our sudden drop of basketball IQ at the end of games is something that's easily fixed. I'll be happy with at least 1 more win to finish over 500. I think we could win 2 maybe even 3 if someone falls asleep a bit. One thing I can guarantee, if I'm breathing I'll be watching.

Nope, and these won’t be typical defensive boards, either, because of how many deep shots they take. Many will carom off the rim 10’ from the basket. Pearl has done a good job of teaching his guys how to rebound the 3 point shot.

You have changed your tune my Man.
You claimed Pons draws the opponents best player and now you are back tracking by saying be guards 3 or 4 different Guys. I said Bowden draws the best player and that was proven with him checking Lawson the entire game. You said Bowden doesn’t do that.
He is wrong, Bruin. Bowden started off on Sagan Lee last night and guarded him most of the first half and also at points during the second half. BOWDEN DRAWS THE OTHER TEAM'S BEST SCORER, at least most of the time.

Reactions: BruinVol
He is wrong, Bruin. Bowden started off on Sagan Lee last night and guarded him most of the first half and also at points during the second half. BOWDEN DRAWS THE OTHER TEAM'S BEST SCORER, at least most of the time.

Saben Lee scored 18 last night

Auburn could be a very big game for Bowden IMO. Good opportunity to build on last night performance. Could give him some confidence going into crunch time

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
Auburn could be a very big game for Bowden IMO. Good opportunity to build on last night performance. Could give him some confidence going into crunch time
agreed

Last night was huge for his confidence I think. His first shot look like he had just left the strip at 3AM. I am sure everyone like me rolled their eyes and thought oh boy he won’t make a shot all day. He then made 2 of next 4 from 3 and made two huge clutch free throws when the momentum said he would miss at least one.

Reactions: cardvolfan

He's had 2 great games against Vanderbilt offensively, would be pretty awesome to see him have a hot streak these last 5 games to close out the season.

Reactions: golfballs
Agree. Road game too... he's played looser on the road this year than he does at home. imo
Probably pressing harder for the UT fans and could give a crap less what opposing team fans say or think.

Agree. Road game too... he's played looser on the road this year than he does at home. imo
Probably pressing harder for the UT fans and could give a crap less what opposing team fans say or think.

True road games he's averaging 14.4 ppg, (15.7 if you exclude his worse game of just 5 at South Carolina, the only game he failed to score double digits).

More important to our success is how much production Fulkerson has offensively. In games where he fails to score 10 points we're 1-6 (only win being Murray State, where he only played 17 minutes and had 9 points)

True road games he's averaging 14.4 ppg, (15.7 if you exclude his worse game of just 5 at South Carolina, the only game he failed to score double digits).

More important to our success is how much production Fulkerson has offensively. In games where he fails to score 10 points we're 1-6 (only win being Murray State, where he only played 17 minutes and had 9 points)

Good info there

Lee’s 18 points came on 13 attempts and at the expense of 5 TOs. Bowden did a better than decent job defending him, last night, I thought. Lee is a very good player, and I have been a fan of his since his FR year. I wish he played for us.

VN Store

Back