The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

It's definitely not going to hurt.
Where do you think he’ll fit into the rotation? I wonder if Barnes gives him 15-20 minutes off the bench right away or if he’ll use the next few games to let him find his role. Georgia doesn’t have a lot of height on the low post so I wonder how Barnes will use him tmrw night.

Where do you think he’ll fit into the rotation? I wonder if Barnes gives him 15-20 minutes off the bench right away or if he’ll use the next few games to let him find his role. Georgia doesn’t have a lot of height on the low post so I wonder how Barnes will use him tmrw night.
I think only about 10 minutes early. He takes Oliviers minutes

Reactions: IndianapolisVol
Yesterday I discounted the possibility of TN using a zone in the half court other than to catch an opponent not expecting one coming out of a TO. Now that there's a rim protector I'm having second thoughts.

Reactions: golfballs
Yesterday I discounted the possibility of TN using a zone in the half court other than to catch an opponent not expecting one coming out of a TO. Now that there's a rim protector I'm having second thoughts.
My only concern is that he hasn’t played in a game since his senior season in high school in 2017-2018. I’m sure that practicing everyday at ASU and now UT has made him better but you can’t really practice things like playing a conference game on the road, avoiding foul trouble down the stretch during a close game, etc, etc.

Good time to try it out tomorrow. Make UGA shoot over you. Especially when Bowden or JJJ is out and Pons would otherwise be on Edwards

My only concern is that he hasn’t played in a game since his senior season in high school in 2017-2018. I’m sure that practicing everyday at ASU and now UT has made him better but you can’t really practice things like playing a conference game on the road, avoiding foul trouble down the stretch during a close game, etc, etc.
Surely he’s better than ORN or Pember? At least a better rebounder?

Surely he’s better than ORN or Pember? At least a better rebounder?

I mean...maybe.

People acting like Uros being eligible means we are now a tournament team probably need to take 20% off. We haven’t seen him play and no idea what is skill set is other than he is 7 foot tall

I mean...maybe.

People acting like Uros being eligible means we are now a tournament team probably need to take 20% off. We haven’t seen him play and no idea what is skill set is other than he is 7 foot tall
I agree. A 7’ freshman transfer from ASU doesn’t give me a feeling that he’s going alter the trajectory of this team. It’s not like we landed Kerry Blackshear. But given our current depth I’m hoping he can do a least a couple things to help this team. I figured there’d be some kind of talk from practice that might help set some realistic expectations

Reactions: Vols All Day
Quit selling him short - he's 7'-1" tall.

I'm also interested to finally see his game in action. At the start of the year there was talk of him having a good 15-18' jump shot like many of the European bigs. Anyone ever see practice? Does he have low post moves with his back to the basket?

Reactions: cardvolfan
I agree. A 7’ freshman transfer from ASU doesn’t give me a feeling that he’s going alter the trajectory of this team. It’s not like we landed Kerry Blackshear. But given our current depth I’m hoping he can do a least a couple things to help this team. I figured there’d be some kind of talk from practice that might help set some realistic expectations
One of the biggest advantages I'm seeing is allowing Pons to move to the 3 and take the pressure off of Bowden. worked last season hopefully again this season. Even if Uros starts out averaging 5/5 he's going to help. Also allows Fulky to play and rebound more aggressively. Fingers crossed.

One of the biggest advantages I'm seeing is allowing Pons to move to the 3 and take the pressure off of Bowden. worked last season hopefully again this season. Even if Uros starts out averaging 5/5 he's going to help. Also allows Fulky to play and rebound more aggressively. Fingers crossed.

I don’t see moving pons to the 3 as a good thing. He was bad as a 3 and had played very well as a 4

Imo the only change we see is uros taking Oliviers minutes

I don’t see moving pons to the 3 as a good thing. He was bad as a 3 and had played very well as a 4

Imo the only change we see is uros taking Oliviers minutes
He may have changed since then but Barnes was pretty clear early on that Uros being cleared would determine where Pons played. Alluded to the 3 if Uros was cleared.

He may have changed since then but Barnes was pretty clear early on that Uros being cleared would determine where Pons played. Alluded to the 3 if Uros was cleared.
interesting
I don’t recall those comments

To me Pons game is open 3 looks from the top of the key and back to the basket fade aways. Playing the 3 doesn’t match those

VN Store

Back