The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Need to quit blaming refs

I'm not blaming the refs. I'll keep complaining about them as long as they keep sucking however. If I'm blaming anything I'll blame Turner's selfish, undisciplined decision making on offense. Grant should be the first option every trip and Turner's 3-point attempts should come after Grant is doubled and kicks the ball outside.

They can’t discount Duke losses without likewise discounting UNC wins. Of course in reality the committee will do whatever it wants without any consistent logic

They can’t discount Duke losses without likewise discounting UNC wins. Of course in reality the committee will do whatever it wants without any consistent logic
They are setting the stage ahead of time for UVA, UNC, and Duke to all get 1 seeds with the Zags.

Tennessee, Kentucky, LSU, Michigan, Michigan St, Purdue, Texas Tech left fighting for the 2 seeds.

Reactions: VOLED and Catbone
Dang refs impacting play again. Putting players in foul trouble while at the same time not calling obvious fouls. SEC needs to hold back some TV money and fix this.

I rarely blame the refs, if you play a great game the refs are usually not a factor, even bad calls. Kentucky fans have never lost a game ever, their fans always blame the loss on the refs, I would never want to sound that way...spoiled brats!!

I rarely blame the refs, if you play a great game the refs are usually not a factor, even bad calls. Kentucky fans have never lost a game ever, their fans always blame the loss on the refs, I would never want to sound that way...spoiled brats!!

Officiating has sucked all year. I said impacting the game which is different from blaming them for a loss.

There were some pre-conference games where fouls were being called on every single possession. It was unwatchable. Officiating shouldn't be so much like adjusting to an umpire's strike zone either, but if it is going to be the standard, it sure shouldn't completely change mid-game. Refs even things up for TV. Refs spend too much time with reviews. Refs exhibit too much bias. Refs are too easily influenced by whiney, loud mouthed coaches. Refs haven't kept up with the speed of the game. The SEC needs to divert more money from football coach's pockets and make it better. Maybe it's training. Maybe it's technology. Maybe it's including even another ref on the court (doubt that that helps). It's stupid that they earn $200,000 for a part time job and do it so poorly. As long as there is review, it needs to be expanded to get more things right when they're obviously missed. After LSU v KY I heard some discussion about eliminating basket interference... maybe it should since missed calls determined the SEC championship.

It drives me crazy to see how they are pretty much the most important factor in every game. Just be consistent. Foul out entire starting lineups if that's what it takes for teams to follow the rules.

Reactions: kxtop
While I'm on a roll, how about somebody start a thread called Every Random Thought That Pops Into My Head. The FF Jabroni's have completely polluted the BBF.

The bad takes and uneducated fans have hit a fever pitch in the basketball forum this week.

Did you guys know that despite playing with a nagging injury and having career-best numbers for MPG, FG%, assists and steals LaMonte should either get benched or at the very least deserves a talking to from Barnes? Also, did you fellas know that his name is actually Alontae Turner? Thank God for these new fans, we would have never known! I also read that he’s only in it for himself and not his team because he’s a show-off.

If any of these bozos would have watched any college ball before this season they would have understood that he’s been going through a slump and they’d leave it alone instead of bashing him.

Somebody start a new thread for these idiots: “The Regularly Uninformed Posters of the Basketball Forum” has a nice ring to it.

Last edited:
The bad takes and uneducated fans have hit a fever pitch in the basketball forum this week.

Did you guys know that despite playing with a nagging injury and having career-best numbers for MPG, FG%, assists and steals LaMonte should either get benched or at the very least deserves a talking to from Barnes? Also, did you fellas know that his name is actually Alontae Turner? Thank God for these new fans, we would have never known! I also read that he’s only in it for himself and not his team because he’s a show-off.

If any of these bozos would have watched any college ball before this season they would have understood that he’s been going through a slump and they’d leave it alone instead of bashing him.

Somebody start a new thread for these idiots: “The Regularly Uninformed Posters of the Basketball Forum” has a nice ring to it.
go ahead and start it. Maybe you can be the mod

To be fair Indy, Turner is in more than a slump. He’s shooting terrible this year. His percentages are way down this year compared to last year. I looked it up today and forgot exactly what he was shooting from 3 over the past few games, but it was quite a bit under 20%. I think it’s time to have him come off the bench as the 6th man again and let Bowden start.

The turner/Bowden spot goes back and forth. But I think turner has really positioned himself more into a backup pg role w Bowden at sg. And by his own admission last year it helped him to come off the bench. A starting spot isn’t that significant anyway. I also think he plays better on ball defense. Maybe it’s worth a little mix up before the ncaat

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
The turner/Bowden spot goes back and forth. But I think turner has really positioned himself more into a backup pg role. And by his own admission last year it helped him to come off the bench. A starting spot isn’t that significant significant anyway. I also think he plays better on ball defense. Maybe it’s worth a little mix up before the ncaat
How people don't realize that is beyond me.

VN Store

Back