The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

So someone pointed out to Tony Basilio that every single Saturday Kentucky plays this year, they play on the Tuesday before while their sec opponent plays on the wednesday before. This is despite the fact that the sec plays 4 games on Tuesday and only 3 in Wednesday. I actually looked back and confirmed it. This is true for the ENTIRE SEASON.

I mean, holy crap. What more evidence do you need.

Solid brewery. I prefer West Sixth.
Both are good but I think Blue Stallion is the best in Lexington. I love the Hefeweizen beer that they have. I like the Cougar Bait and Shotgun Wedding at Country Boy and the West Sixth Cerveza and their Oktoberfest.

So someone pointed out to Tony Basilio that every single Saturday Kentucky plays this year, they play on the Tuesday before while their sec opponent plays on the wednesday before. This is despite the fact that the sec plays 4 games on Tuesday and only 3 in Wednesday. I actually looked back and confirmed it. This is true for the ENTIRE SEASON.

I mean, holy crap. What more evidence do you need.
So they get 2 days rest before their Wednesday game and 3 before Saturday while others gets 2/3 depending on the midweek game. I don’t really see what the big deal is

So they get 2 days rest before their Wednesday game and 3 before Saturday while others gets 2/3 depending on the midweek game. I don’t really see what the big deal is

I'm honestly not following your math. Kentucky plays zero wednesday conference games this year, which is a statistical anomaly in and of itself. They have no preparation advantage over any SEC opponent for their tuesday games because every school plays on Saturdays (although also no disadvantage, days off are even for both teams at 2, Sunday and monday). However, the end result is kentucky gets an extra day of preparation over their SEC opponent for every single saturday game since all of their opponents play the wednesday prior.

Reactions: Volswami
The big deal is every SEC school plays on Saturday, some games are on Tuesday, and some on Wednesday. If your Saturday opponent played on Wednesday and you played on Tuesday you have an extra day to rest/prepare. At this time of the year when Tennessee has 3-4 players playing 30+ minutes that extra day off is a factor. The rest/prepare factor isn't an issue with the mid-week games due to every team playing on the previous Saturday. That being said I think Tennessee has had this game (Kentucky) circled for awhile and will play well and win.

The only two Wednesdays Tennessee plays on, is before the Kentucky games. SEC is taking care of there cash cow

I'm honestly not following your math. Kentucky plays zero wednesday conference games this year, which is a statistical anomaly in and of itself. They have no preparation advantage over any SEC opponent for their tuesday games because every school plays on Saturdays (although also no disadvantage, days off are even for both teams at 2, Sunday and monday). However, the end result is kentucky gets an extra day of preparation over their SEC opponent for every single saturday game since all of their opponents play the wednesday prior.
The bigger issue is that the SEC didn’t give any teams Tuesday games prior to Sat matchups w UK

The big deal is every SEC school plays on Saturday, some games are on Tuesday, and some on Wednesday. If your Saturday opponent played on Wednesday and you played on Tuesday you have an extra day to rest/prepare. At this time of the year when Tennessee has 3-4 players playing 30+ minutes that extra day off is a factor. The rest/prepare factor isn't an issue with the mid-week games due to every team playing on the previous Saturday. That being said I think Tennessee has had this game (Kentucky) circled for awhile and will play well and win.

Calipari said he hasn’t watched a single tape of Tennessee this year.

Kentucky almost never plays Wed games. Last year they had 3, the year before 0, in ‘16 they had 1, but also had 2 Thursday games w only a day off prior to Sat. In ‘15 they had 1. But it looks like other teams also typically play sparingly on Wed, granted none have ever had 0 games on Wed.

This is the first year I’ve heard complaints about their schedule.

So this sucks. I'm going to miss the game Saturday night. I have concert tickets that I bought like 6 months ago, having no idea the matchup we'd have in store.

I'm trying to decide if I should turn off notices on my phone and record the game and watch it when I get home, or just leave them on and check my phone during the concert. I will probably go with keeping them on, because not knowing will drive me crazy.

So this sucks. I'm going to miss the game Saturday night. I have concert tickets that I bought like 6 months ago, having no idea the matchup we'd have in store.

I'm trying to decide if I should turn off notices on my phone and record the game and watch it when I get home, or just leave them on and check my phone during the concert. I will probably go with keeping them on, because not knowing will drive me crazy.
I’m in the same boat. Saturday night is the Father/Daughter dance, and I will be taking my 3 lovely girls out for the evening. Game is at 8:00 so I will likely catch the second half, but I wouldn’t miss that time with them for a game.

VN Store

Back