The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Anyone else think Bowden could become NBA draftable if his development continues into a very productable senior year? I'm thinking a shorter Josh Richardson (shutdown defender) with a better jumper. I didn't realize how much "hops" and athletic ability he had until this year.

A year ago, I would've said no, but he really has improved in every way. Trending in the right direction for sure

Reactions: The Dog
Duke will jump us monday. Wouldnt suprise me one bit.

I probably don't belong in this thread but I have to agree. The voters have just been looking for any excuse to move Duke to the top spot. Now that the selection committee has released their results, watch how many flip-flop with that being their justification.

I probably don't belong in this thread but I have to agree. The voters have just been looking for any excuse to move Duke to the top spot. Now that the selection committee has released their results, watch how many flip-flop with that being their justification.
We’ll get less first place votes this week but we won’t get jumped. Especially with Saturday’s match up looming, they’ll have to put us back at #1 if we go into Rupp and win.

You belong, all are welcome

Did the absence of Pons have any noticeable effect?
Very minimal. On this roster Pons’ best attributes are his energy level and his ability to run the floor in transition. He’s good for 1-2 hustle plays/fast break dunks in the first half, but the drop off between him and Jalen is minimal considering they’re typically the 4th or 5th option on offense.

His improvement this year has been great but he’s looked lost at times in conference play. He’s had a few dumb fouls and blown assignments on defense over the last few weeks.

I still believe that at his full potential he’ll be our defensive stopper and will continue to improve as a slasher who can use his big frame to drive and score points/draw fouls in the paint.

Reactions: Caculator
So random news, the number two overall recruit in the country, Anthony Edwards, picked georgia over kentucky. Hes from georgia but I'm still pretty shocked. Gotta think for UGA to be successful they have to start locking up Atlanta area recruits.

Reactions: IndianapolisVol
So random news, the number two overall recruit in the country, Anthony Edwards, picked georgia over kentucky. Hes from georgia but I'm still pretty shocked. Gotta think for UGA to be successful they have to start locking up Atlanta area recruits.

UGA should have an excellent basketball program. Crean isn't the guy to get it done, though.

Would be a big day if you’re a Georgia basketball fan. Unfortunately those don’t exist. I’m just glad not to see him go to UK

Reactions: Ace and Stoked
Maybe a booster gave one of his family members a job or funneled money through an AAU coach.

UK fans are salty af over this. Love it! I was over there at Rupp Rafters looking and saw the funniest thing I think I ever read..some of their fans were saying they'd wish they could get the "home whistles" like Duke and UNC does. Damn they're wild hahaha.

Reactions: Aesius
UK fans are salty af over this. Love it! I was over there at Rupp Rafters looking and saw the funniest thing I think I ever read..some of their fans were saying they'd wish they could get the "home whistles" like Duke and UNC does. Damn they're wild hahaha.
I think the SEC in general is terrible about home cooking

VN Store

Back