The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Y’all want to know what makes this even worse? Bama is about to win the Natty.

f8041daaf99c83669f7cc6fe5ff7c2e4--fred-movie.jpg

There’s a few exceptions obviously, but anyone notice how everyone that comes to this forum after a loss that has a Josh Heupel profile pic is only here to bash Barnes? I keep coming back to this and find it very funny.

Yes, and I just challenged a that one dude who is praising Heupel because by his own standards Heupel hasn't even actually done anything yet. The funniest part is pumping Heupel and crapping on Butch Jones like that was some easy dump is hilarious. At one time Jones was in a similar position Heupel is in (obviously Heupel is better but still). Jone had us to 9 wins and momentum and many, MANY here thought he was the guy. And it took a massive drop off a cliff for us to move on from Jones, had he gone 7-5 in his last season he would have been back.

None of that I just wrote is in anyway saying Jones was as good Heupel, I'm just pointing out that by the dude's own stupidity he shouldn't be praising Heupel yet.

Reactions: berryvol
Also I take it back, having time to come back down the "Fahr Barnes" crowd is far worse. FAR worse.

From the Tennessean article @wmcovol posted:

'I followed up on that with James to ask who was counting the Vols out.

“There were just people talking on social media,” he said. “Sometimes you don’t seek it out, but things get back to you. Things get sent to you.”

To remember that enough from November to mention it unsolicited after a loss in March, I’d suspect it wasn’t from random hoops aficionados. I’d imagine critics were probably from Tennessee’s own fanbase. And if you think the players on your teams don’t hear that stuff, well, they do.'

Vols win the National Championship!

Well, the John A. Logan Volunteers win the NJCAA Basketball National Championship that is.

From the Tennessean article @wmcovol posted:

'I followed up on that with James to ask who was counting the Vols out.

“There were just people talking on social media,” he said. “Sometimes you don’t seek it out, but things get back to you. Things get sent to you.”

To remember that enough from November to mention it unsolicited after a loss in March, I’d suspect it wasn’t from random hoops aficionados. I’d imagine critics were probably from Tennessee’s own fanbase. And if you think the players on your teams don’t hear that stuff, well, they do.'
Gonna be honest. If JJJ is letting what fans/media say get to him that much, maybe he just isn’t cut out for the SEC. People are gonna criticize you no matter how good you are. Part of playing this level of basketball is being able to tune it out and not let if affect you, which he and this team were clearly very bad at.

Reactions: Vol49er

VN Store

Back