The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Does anyone know when the Vol Pass tickets will go on sale? I thought it was around September when my family bought them last year but I’m not sure

Man, the defense played their a$$ off yesterday, beat the hell out of both QBs. Our offense should be fine, just not clicking, yet. Seems like they are just a little off, but I trust Hooker, just a matter of time. Anyway, good win against a pretty good, ranked Pitt team on the road
Exactly how I feel. Not sure what people were expecting. Very rarely do you go on the road against a ranked team and best their eyes shut.

Reactions: The Dog
Man, the defense played their a$$ off yesterday, beat the hell out of both QBs. Our offense should be fine, just not clicking, yet. Seems like they are just a little off, but I trust Hooker, just a matter of time. Anyway, good win against a pretty good, ranked Pitt team on the road

Hooker was fine. It’s the run game that was bad IMO

Hooker was fine. It’s the run game that was bad IMO
Agree, mostly. Just a hair off on a couple of potential big time plays. I wanna see the freshmen, Sampson and Williams get a few more snaps at RB. I'm mystified why a 5-star RB wouldn't come here, especially a good receiving back. Just a matter of time, imo

He didn’t say it with much confidence and admitted he wanted to see more 5-5, but when asked about what he thought starting 5 would be Rob Lewis said Zeigler, Key, Santi, James, Nkahmoua. I wouldn’t be upset about that at all, would likely mean Phillips is your 6th man and that Barnes would be playing a lot of “small ball”.

He didn’t say it with much confidence and admitted he wanted to see more 5-5, but when asked about what he thought starting 5 would be Rob Lewis said Zeigler, Key, Santi, James, Nkahmoua. I wouldn’t be upset about that at all, would likely mean Phillips is your 6th man and that Barnes would be playing a lot of “small ball”.

Key at the 3 would be perfect. Can score from anywhere and use his bigger body in the paint.

I think that would be a nice starting 5.

Key at the 3 would be perfect. Can score from anywhere and use his bigger body in the paint.

I think that would be a nice starting 5.
Any of you small ball believers want to offer some odds on a friendly wager as I believe either UP or Aidoo will start at the 5? There’s still some big dudes in the SEC like Tshiebwe and Castleton for example.

Any of you small ball believers want to offer some odds on a friendly wager as I believe either UP or Aidoo will start at the 5? There’s still some big dudes in the SEC like Tshiebwe and Castleton for example.

I would prefer Uros not start. He is a fine rotational piece, and I think he stepped up last year when ORN went down with his injury, but I don’t think he is one of our best 5 players and you really should be starting your best players.

As has been the case quite often under Barnes who starts doesn’t mean much, who plays most minutes and out there at the end is what matters…I think much like last year Barnes will go small ball more often than not and especially 2nd half.

It’s nice to know that we have Aidoo and UP to go big in certain match ups though. We should be able to play multiple styles effectively which is a big advantage.

Reactions: walkenvol
We’ve been favored quite a few teams over the last 17 years and have managed to win 1 of those games, it’s a see it to believe it for me.

Regardless of the betting lines, when you look back at the end of the season, we were better than Florida in probably 5 of those seasons too.

But having said that, even I’m cautiously optimistic.

As much as I hate to discuss the topic here in the bball forum, wow, we actually may beat Florida in football this year.

I'm right there with you. I feel strangely confident. My Gator fan buddy thinks we'll win but he's as much of a Gator pessimist as I am a Vol one. I've heard him say we'll win for about 10 years now.

Then again I thought we'd blow out Pitt and that didn't happen, but we did win.

VN Store

Back