The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

If the SEC does expand, they should just go huge and go get Ohio State and Michigan too. Then tell the NCAA to kick rocks and just do your own thing. The SEC with Texas, OU, Ohio State, and Michigan would make enough money and be in enough media markets to be profitable with ease.

Leaders and legends like those two would see the obvious value in joining the SEC.

Reactions: JelloPuddinPup
If the SEC does expand, they should just go huge and go get Ohio State and Michigan too. Then tell the NCAA to kick rocks and just do your own thing. The SEC with Texas, OU, Ohio State, and Michigan would make enough money and be in enough media markets to be profitable with ease.

You'd have to get Clemson, too, (wouldn't you?) if your goal is to always find the football NC in one conference and tell NCAA to kick rocks.

Reactions: allen phillips
I know it’s been discussed before, but how do those who have YouTube TV enjoy it?
I love it. Unlimited DVR, nice format, you can take it with you wherever you go, mobile-friendly. Good channel selection, too. Price keeps creeping up, but so does everything else. Started out at $35.99, now it is $64.99, I think.

Reactions: VolGee4 and Vol49er
Same. I've heard various positions but that's the first time I've seen them placed there with my own eyes. Would prefer Keon to go higher for his sake but the OKC fan in me loves him going at 16 haha.

Vecenie of theathletic has Keon to Hawks at 20 and Springer to Knicks at 21 (behind paywall)

2021 NBA Mock Draft, post-Finals: Scottie Barnes in top five, possible trades, first-round wild cards

excerpts:

An elite athlete, Johnson has the kind of twitch and explosion most players only dream of possessing... He’s also an elite defender on the ball already... He’s just very raw on offense... He also needs to work on his handle and driving ability. But once Tennessee let him loose late in the season, Johnson was pretty good.

Springer had a strong freshman season for the Vols... He’s also a terrific defender. Having said that, I’ve found that Springer’s game isn’t loved by many scouts. He plays almost solely off two feet and doesn’t seem to get the most out of his athleticism. There’s a degree of bully-ball here. He’s going to have to adjust his game to have success at the next level.

My bad boys, fell asleep 😂

Read on VQ that a northwestern poster has heard Kentucky could be joining the BIG10

Last edited:
0 reason for UK to leave. Big10 is deeper in basketball. Their football recruiting would drop off without the SEC to sell.

Why would any team leave the SEC? The money alone is reason enough to stay, let alone the recruiting advantages the conference provides.

I mean I guess it makes more sense in hoops than football, but I can't imagine Kentucky considering that unless it's JUST in basketball. Even then, I would be stunned if that happened.

I very nearly responded “Kentucky to the Big10?!” as a joke. I can’t see that happening though

The ACC makes more sense considering Louisville and Duke are rivals.

Would make for interesting match ups every year.

I love it. Unlimited DVR, nice format, you can take it with you wherever you go, mobile-friendly. Good channel selection, too. Price keeps creeping up, but so does everything else. Started out at $35.99, now it is $64.99, I think.

I second this. We switched probavly a year and a half ago. It’s great for sports fans.

Reactions: Vol49er
Vecenie of theathletic has Keon to Hawks at 20 and Springer to Knicks at 21 (behind paywall)

2021 NBA Mock Draft, post-Finals: Scottie Barnes in top five, possible trades, first-round wild cards

excerpts:

An elite athlete, Johnson has the kind of twitch and explosion most players only dream of possessing... He’s also an elite defender on the ball already... He’s just very raw on offense... He also needs to work on his handle and driving ability. But once Tennessee let him loose late in the season, Johnson was pretty good.

Springer had a strong freshman season for the Vols... He’s also a terrific defender. Having said that, I’ve found that Springer’s game isn’t loved by many scouts. He plays almost solely off two feet and doesn’t seem to get the most out of his athleticism. There’s a degree of bully-ball here. He’s going to have to adjust his game to have success at the next level.

Interesting...I’ve seen Keon top 12 in almost every other mock.

VN Store

Back