The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Reactions: AngryButchJones
Reactions: golfballs
This is most likely a stupid question, it’s football related but I didn’t want to ask it over there lol

With the recent success of teams like Arkansas in basketball in the transfer portal, do you think Coach Heupel could be trying to do that in football? Could he replicate Musselman’s success in a different sport?

Reactions: golfballs
This is most likely a stupid question, it’s football related but I didn’t want to ask it over there lol

With the recent success of teams like Arkansas in basketball in the transfer portal, do you think Coach Heupel could be trying to do that in football? Could he replicate Musselman’s success in a different sport?
Good thought. I’ve been increasingly disconnected from the football program... I doubt we’re a desirable spot for top transfers, but I’d hope that we might be able to lure some experienced, hard working kids from lesser programs who want to play for a program like ours

You look at a team like Coastal Carolina.... they’re good and composed of kids who weren’t heavily recruited. Could we not attract some of those kids to transfer? Cincinnati, UCF... they have experienced players who might not be NFL talent but they make for excellent college players. I’d be pretty thrilled if we could get some of those kind of players.

Reactions: Dallasbowlin
Good thought. I’ve been increasingly disconnected from the football program... I doubt we’re a desirable spot for top transfers, but I’d hope that we might be able to lure some experienced, hard working kids from lesser programs who want to play for a program like ours
We’ve gotten a few in the past few days, obviously we can’t get the top tier one’s right away, but it’s a good start so far and might be something he should look to do.

Personally, CF has been very boring to watch. Not because we’ve sucked recently, Saban has built a dynasty that opposing teams simply can’t match.

You have a category of Bama in their own, then it’s Clemson and Ohio St. Everybody else is at the bottom of the barrel.

It’s not balanced and I’ve become less interested in watching it over the years.

College Basketball is simply more fun to watch now.

Personally, CF has been very boring to watch. Not because we’ve sucked recently, Saban has built a dynasty that opposing teams simply can’t match.

You have a category of Bama in their own, then it’s Clemson and Ohio St. Everybody else is at the bottom of the barrel.

It’s not balanced and I’ve become less interested in watching it over the years.

College Basketball is simply more fun to watch now.
It will only get worse if they allow player endorsements IMO.

You mean for football or basketball?

Cause in Football I think we’ll go from like 3 teams to 7 or 8
Yeah it will benefit some top teams but make the divide between the rest even bigger IMO. I think they need to split power 5 revenue sports off into their own division.

We’ve gotten a few in the past few days, obviously we can’t get the top tier one’s right away, but it’s a good start so far and might be something he should look to do.
Simply put, if CJH is going to succeed at Tennessee, he and his staff are going to have to prove how good of a coach they are on the field rather than in the living room. He certainly isn’t going to out-talent anyone within the first five years. Prove it on the field with improvement each year and the talent will come in time. In the meantime, he is going to have out-prepare and outscheme more talented teams while maintaining a hyperfocus on development of kids who likely weren't blue chip 4 and 5-star kids.

VN Store

Back