The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

That guy is living in people's heads rent free and it's honestly comical at this point. Just click his name and hit the ignore button and you won't even see his posts. People would rather come on here and just complain instead of actually solving the problem for themselves. Pretty much a microcosm of our society.

I understand how the ignore button works.

Thank goodness RPI isn’t the main metric anymore for evaluating teams. We’d legit be a bubble team as our RPI ranking is currently 60th, which is absurd. I know we haven’t been playing that well of late, but no way is our resume in the ballpark of a 60 RPI ranking.
Check out our NET...due to the formula for RPI and what COVID has done to scheduling there’s a bunch of teams this year, not just Tennessee, with a bad one.

Reactions: wisvol22
The game thread is filled up with negativity and critics that I don’t recognize. But it’s the ‘emotional release’ thread, so be it.

The board rules could use some adjustments. Your 4 or 5 posters are ruining the platform. It’s hardly a discussion anymore. The mods seem to have their hands full moving posts to the Barnes Discussion (merged) thread. They have overrun the community.

1) Trust me I don’t like game threads at all but you’re right. It’s a place where people can vent.

2) I think you’re overly sensitive to a coach you love. We still get plenty of traffic in the bball forum. We haven’t noticed any sort of dip in overall threads and posts. And again a month ago before the team started struggling this place was pretty jovial. The last month the team hasn’t played well. Hence the more negativity. Go check the FF forum before the Georgia game and then after the Texas A&M game, same thing lol. The only thing I truly get annoyed by is the constant times Pearl is brought up. Everyone needs to let that ship go. People who bring it up and people who respond.

2 of your best players and defenders are freshman and are leading the way in turnovers, Johnson especially has got to get it under control. Our best lineups include those guys playing big minutes, but if they’re going to turn it over 5x a game it makes it tough.
Keon with 6 turnovers last night and Jaden with 3 accounted for half the turnovers. There was a 3-game stretch where Keon only committed 4 turnovers. I agree they have to be playing significant minutes together to maximize what the Vols are capable of being.

1) Trust me I don’t like game threads at all but you’re right. It’s a place where people can vent.

2) I think you’re overly sensitive to a coach you love. We still get plenty of traffic in the bball forum. We haven’t noticed any sort of dip in overall threads and posts. And again a month ago before the team started struggling this place was pretty jovial. The last month the team hasn’t played well. Hence the more negativity. Go check the FF forum before the Georgia game and then after the Texas A&M game, same thing lol.

I’m not in love with Barnes. But there are obviously some very noisy posters that HATE him.

I’m a realist and understand that he’s the only reasonable option for the next few years and he could even be here another decade if he continues to build up the program and bring in 5 stars. It isn’t linear. A bit of regression is normal. One-and-done rosters aren’t without flaws. A COVID year was the worst possible scenario to go in that direction. A less talented but more veteran team would be paying higher dividends right now.

I sat in the TBA for EVERY home game of the 5-22 year. I can appreciate what’s here now.

I’m not in love with Barnes. But there are obviously some very noisy posters that HATE him.

I’m a realist and understand that he’s the only reasonable option for the next few years and he could even be here another decade if he continues to build up the program and bring in 5 stars. It isn’t linear. A bit of regression is normal. One-and-done rosters aren’t without flaws. A COVID year was the worst possible scenario to go in that direction. A less talented but more veteran team would be paying higher dividends right now.

I sat in the TBA for EVERY home game of the 5-22 year. I can appreciate what’s here now.
I was there for every home game, too. If people only knew.

Reactions: LakeMaryFLVol
Gosh, no. This place would be intolerable. And frankly, Pearl’s criticism is deserved and if not for the equity of a recent, very fortunate F4 run, he’d maybe feel some heat on that seat.

Anything Pearl does now or down the road at Auburn, he’ll always be forgiven by the few that still think he should be our coach.

Reactions: cardvolfan
I was there for every home game, too. If people only knew.

And we’ve had 3 coaches since that didn’t sniff an NCAAT. They were difficult to watch, but I didn’t check out in a single one of those 13 seasons. It really sucks to be on the outside looking in during that first week of the NCAAT. I’m thankful for what we have right now.

Reactions: cardvolfan
And we’ve had 3 coaches since that didn’t sniff an NCAAT. They were difficult to watch, but I didn’t check out in a single one of those 13 seasons. It really sucks to be on the outside looking in during that first week of the NCAAT. I’m thankful for what we have right now.
I’m thankful and thrilled that we’re 16-6 with a chance, still, to make some noise In the big dance.

Here is the results last year of the grade for the Tennessee season in 2019-2020. Hmm, doesn’t seem like many people were unhappy with last year.

View attachment 354098
Thats suggesting everyone votes, how many members are there on VN? Also doesn’t include anything except a letter grade, someone could’ve voted C- and still say they want a different HC.

To be honest, Barnes has been the victim of his own success. If he goes 4 straight .500 years, then he retires or gets fired. But he developed players, resulting in a year 3 that ended up with a 2 seed. Then expectations soared, and now people say that not getting beyond the SS in 2019 was underachieving. The pay raise is irrelevant because he got it after year 4. If he was being paid 4.7 million initially, then there is a debate.

Now at 16-6, he is underachieving again. I understand the argument, but to me, it's the very definition of being the victim of your own success.

Thats suggesting everyone votes, how many members are there on VN? Also doesn’t include anything except a letter grade, someone could’ve voted C- and still say they want a different HC.

I usually lie when I take a survey. “Who are you voting for for POTUS?”. Well, Hillary Clinton of course.

Lol yes you did, you were very critical and vocal about the Barnes hire and I don’t remember exact verbiage on Bailey but something about him not getting minutes here.

I said I didn’t like the hire because of the lack of upside with his postseason success (which wow guess who has been right on that). I never said he would fail or that it would be a disaster.

And I said from the get go he’s fine as a 15-20 mpg guy. Which he is. He’s gotten hot the last 3 games. And he’s played better. I remember you vouching for him over Springer and Johnson because he was lighting up Appalachian State and Tennessee Tech though. Why weren’t you bringing up my Bailey takes when he had 32 points in six games before the South Carolina game?

VN Store

Back