The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Is it weird that college basketball is my favorite sport to watch but the NBA is my absolutely least favorite. Basically name another sport and I’d watch it over the NBA

I find it a little weird.

I think the NBA is pretty fascinating because some of the individual players are so good it’s just mind blowing.

Steph Curry is unbelievable to watch for instance.

Is it weird that college basketball is my favorite sport to watch but the NBA is my absolutely least favorite. Basically name another sport and I’d watch it over the NBA

Not at all. I feel the same way. I haven't watched an entire NBA game since the 90's

I find it a little weird.

I think the NBA is pretty fascinating because some of the individual players are so good it’s just mind blowing.

Steph Curry is unbelievable to watch for instance.
I agree they’re incredibly skilled. Maybe because I’ve never had a team.

I like to follow guys who I liked in college to see their career’s progress. Kinda hard to do now with the G-league and the overseas guys.

Reactions: The Dog
.....or wait to next year and pick whichever team Keon or Springer or Pons get drafted by, because all 3 will be

I'm the same way. They could play an NBA game in my back yard that I could watch for free and I would stay inside and watch "Little House On The prairie".

Reactions: vols 30
The love affair with LeBron honestly killed what interest I did have in the NBA. Was a big fan during the Jordan era, kept watching with Kobe era starting and then the way the media pre-built "King" James just turned me off.

I love to watch Stephen Curry though, guy can shoot the lights out.

Reactions: Catbone
The love affair with LeBron honestly killed what interest I did have in the NBA. Was a big fan during the Jordan era, kept watching with Kobe era starting and then the way the media pre-built "King" James just turned me off.

I love to watch Stephen Curry though, guy can shoot the lights out.
Michael Jordan was the end for me. At that moment the NBA became more about individuals and promoting individuals than teams. Not that it was Jordan's fault, it just happened that way. Bird and Magic were huge stars but it was still about team basketball first. Pistons, Lakers , and Celtics. The name on the front of the jersey meant more than the name on the back.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
Michael Jordan was the end for me. At that moment the NBA became more about individuals and promoting individuals than teams. Not that it was Jordan's fault, it just happened that way. Bird and Magic were huge stars but it was still about team basketball first. Pistons, Lakers , and Celtics. The name on the front of the jersey meant more than the name on the back.
I was fortunate to meet Magic in 2010 during that Sweet 16/Elite 8 run the Vols had in St. Louis. The guy was gracious and humble and let us take a picture with him, even though he was obviously rooting for his Spartans vs. Tennessee.

Reactions: Vol49er and ColinS
I think the reason I like college more is because it’s much more of a team game. I don’t really like watching one on one games where the stars get all the calls.

Reactions: walkenvol

I completely disagree. I hate watching college basketball outside UT and Michigan and can watch the NBA all day

Reactions: berryvol
I think the reason I like college more is because it’s much more of a team game. I don’t really like watching one on one games where the stars get all the calls.
I think college basketball is more interesting. More teams, more randomness, more unknowns. And I like watching other teams so come tournament time might have an idea who were up against. The skill in the NBA is tremendous but aside from that it kind of bores me, especially without a team to pull for. When it comes to just watching a sport for quickness, athleticism, skill and physicality, I prefer the NHL.

I think we need to find a way (if possible) to get fulky and pons healthy by tournament time. They need to play ON more and give them a rest a bit if they aren’t healthy. No way we can make a run without them.

Reactions: Lankykong
What exactly is wrong with Fulky? Because I keep hearing he's not 100% yet Barnes seems very impatient with him.

VN Store

Back