The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

I guess for me the fact the coaches if fired will still get bought out changes my stance on the topic.

If it's a 9 to 5 worker who is only paid for the time worked, yeah volunteer pay cut is a bigger impact since the same company can send him/her home with no pay too. But any of the 8 coaches get fired they'll still get paid their contract and can sit at home drawing that check until it expires for the full amount. So to me them losing a few grand to help keep a groundskeeper from being let go for the rest of 2020 and refusing?...yeah I don't agree with it much.

The coaches don’t manage the athletic department’s budget. Why not ask the folks who’ve failed at properly maintaining enough reserves to cover revenue interruptions to reduce their pay to cover the groundskeepers and such? Now asking the coaches to take a pay cut for their terrible job performance is a reasonable request. It’s not the workers and middle management’s responsibility to absorb the CEO’s poor decisions. JMO

TN football is the 5th highest Assistant Coaches Pay Pool in the country based on 2019 salaries...with the new extension for Pruitt and the recent turnover (including the DL firing after 4 games) it's obvious the CEO aka Pruitt is costing the university more than any other coach in the AD.

1. Bama = 7.541m
2. Clemson = 7.410m
3. Ohio State = 7.245m
4. Texas A&M = 7.145m
5. Tennessee = 6.985m

And there isn't 90K+ in Neyland to help offset the funds lost from COVID (which no CEO likely saw impacting them like it has).

The coaches don’t manage the athletic department’s budget. Why not ask the folks who’ve failed at properly maintaining enough reserves to cover revenue interruptions to reduce their pay to cover the groundskeepers and such? Now asking the coaches to take a pay cut for their terrible job performance is a reasonable request. It’s not the workers and middle management’s responsibility to absorb the CEO’s poor decisions. JMO
Truthfully, NO ONE could see this coming the way it came. Quickly, quietly, and with dire financial consequences for any for profit, non-profit, or other entities. Maybe if it had been very short-term, execs could be held more culpable, but no one could have planned for this fiasco.

Anyone else get this email? Pretty cool options

Attachments

• 90750523-EA90-42EE-83B2-2FDAB54B5C53.png
    90750523-EA90-42EE-83B2-2FDAB54B5C53.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 41
So A&M appears to just be making up the rules as they go here.
They just dropped out of playing next week again West Virginia

Making up rules? They dropped out of a MTE which tons of team have already done this year?

Dropping out now is very different than Dropping out weeks ago which was the appropriate time to do so

the point is if they are going to not play due to high covid numbers over the country which was the report then they might as well go ahead and cancel their season.

Dropping out now is very different than Dropping out weeks ago which was the appropriate time to do so

the point is if they are going to not play due to high covid numbers over the country which was the report then they might as well go ahead and cancel their season.
I wonder if Covid cases are rampant on aTm's campus and specifically the athletic department, overall, which had led to the late dropout? Remember, their football team is currently ravaged by Covid positives, and have cancelled two straight games. I wonder if it's a more widespread problem and the cancellation is out of an abundance of caution.

I wonder if Covid cases are rampant on aTm's campus and specifically the athletic department, overall, which had led to the late dropout? Remember, their football team is currently ravaged by Covid positives, and have cancelled two straight games. I wonder if it's a more widespread problem and the cancellation is out of an abundance of caution.

That was part of the reason of my post saying They are making up the rules with the football team. They aren’t ravaged with positive test. They are canceling games with only 1 positive test.

That was part of the reason of my post saying They are making up the rules with the football team. They aren’t ravaged with positive test. They are canceling games with only 1 positive test.

Poorly worded on my part. Shouldn't have said positives. Tracing actually falls more appropriately under the umbrella of "abundance of caution".

There are multiple teams to have cancelled games/dropped out in past few days, not just A&M

There are multiple teams to have cancelled games/dropped out in past few days, not just A&M

I don’t think you are correct. It’s been more than days. I am basing my opinion off this post and if this is correct is A&M should have gotten out then.

Duke backed out when they changed venue to South Dakota from Atlantis. Utah backed out at the beginning of November. Ohio State backed out on November 5 and Dayton followed because both teams would have to quarantine for 14 days upon return, pursuant to state of Ohio policy.

Poorly worded on my part. Shouldn't have said positives. Tracing actually falls more appropriately under the umbrella of "abundance of caution".
And I wouldn’t fault A&M if they backed out due to players in protocol due to contact tracing but that appears to not be the case

Shout out to the baseball program and Coach Vitello for continuing to turn things around. It doesn't get as much press but having to cancel the rest of the baseball season was a real bummer because Vol Baseball was having a great start to the season and was shaping up to have a decent shot at making it to Omaha.

Shout out to the baseball program and Coach Vitello for continuing to turn things around. It doesn't get as much press but having to cancel the rest of the baseball season was a real bummer because Vol Baseball was having a great start to the season and was shaping up to have a decent shot at making it to Omaha.

And Coach V took the voluntary pay cut.

Tried watching them, just couldn’t. Baseball still bores me to tears, but I do follow their results. Happy to see them doing good.

Tried watching them, just couldn’t. Baseball still bores me to tears, but I do follow their results. Happy to see them doing good.
This is generally how I’ve felt but I may try and watch more in the future. It’s often I see a result before I know a game is even on

Reactions: tn4elvis
I’d assume the 4K would be gobbled up by donors and the few student tickets
The tickets put aside for students they get on a game to game basis, so i would assume during break alot of them will be gone and there could be a few available. Usually every season during break there's a handful of tickets available in the student sections.

Reactions: BruinVol
The tickets put aside for students they get on a game to game basis, so i would assume during break alot of them will be gone and there could be a few available. Usually every season during break there's a handful of tickets available in the student sections.

Possibly but with as few as it will be i doubt it

VN Store

Back