The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Maybe disappointing was the wrong word. We just heard rave reviews on Wideman, and the receiver group as a whole, coming out of fall camp, so I expected more PT and a larger contribution. Anywho, don't want to bring more football depression to this forum.

Maybe disappointing was the wrong word. We just heard rave reviews on Wideman, and the receiver group as a whole, coming out of fall camp, so I expected more PT and a larger contribution. Anywho, don't want to bring more football depression to this forum.

Volquest just doesn’t know what they are talking about. You’ve gotta take what they say with a grain of salt. They overhype players like crazy every year.

Volquest just doesn’t know what they are talking about. You’ve gotta take what they say with a grain of salt. They overhype players like crazy every year.
This. It's why I caution those who believe Keon Johnson is the second coming of Bernard King. Please temper expectations. VQ is the king of puff pieces that overhype each member of the team. I haven't heard a single negative thing about any basketball player, yet, this offseason from that beat.

This. It's why I caution those who believe Keon Johnson is the second coming of Bernard King. Please temper expectations. VQ is the king of puff pieces that overhype each member of the team. I haven't heard a single negative thing about any basketball player, yet, this offseason from that beat.

What kind of impact do you see with Keon this year? Starter? Also, what are the expectations for the transfer Anoskie? You and BTO typically have more insight with Vol hoops.

What kind of impact do you see with Keon this year? Starter? Also, what are the expectations for the transfer Anoskie? You and BTO typically have more insight with Vol hoops.

I think Keon is likely to start, see 20-25mpg, I think he will have some very impressive games but offensively probably a little inconsistent. I would think he is a consistent defender for us though and probably gives us 10ppg on average.

As for Anosike, I think 15-20mpg, around 5ppg 6rpg is the expectation there, high energy and solid defender/energy guy.

What kind of impact do you see with Keon this year? Starter? Also, what are the expectations for the transfer Anoskie? You and BTO typically have more insight for Vol hoops.
I think Keon has the potential to be our best player, but I don't expect it right out of the gate. I think he will likely start at one of the 3 guard positions. He isn't going to come in and average 18 ppg and 6 rpg, I don't believe. If he does, then the VQ hype was legit, for once, and he's a likely lottery pick next year.

EJA is probably a 18-20 mpg guy off the bench spelling Pons and Fulkerson. Given that we will most likely deploy a 2 guard lineup, I don't see him starting, but he will get starter minutes if he can translate his game to the SEC level. Rebounding is usually a trait that travels because it is typically more about hustle and effort than an actual talent advantage. If he gives us 7 and 7 every night, then he was worth every bit of his scholarship.

Reactions: PEPPERJAX
I think Keon is likely to start, see 20-25mpg, I think he will have some very impressive games but offensively probably a little inconsistent. I would think he is a consistent defender for us though and probably gives us 14ppg on average.

As for Anosike, I think 15-20mpg, around 5ppg 6rpg is the expectation there, high energy and solid defender/energy guy.

Fyp

they kind’ve have been talking about Uros not playing big enough, haven’t they?

I think Keon is likely to start, see 20-25mpg, I think he will have some very impressive games but offensively probably a little inconsistent. I would think he is a consistent defender for us though and probably gives us 10ppg on average.

Cool thanks. So staring five would look like this?

Vescovi
Pons
Fulk
Johnson
James

Many are expecting another surge in cases corresponding w flu season. Being indoors around others elevates the risk.
I feel like even if there is a surge in cases, it should be do-able.

completely different Tangent here, but can someone explain putting the cheerleaders in the stands for football? Seems like if you don’t want them getting sick you’d keep them on the field 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: golfballs
I feel like even if there is a surge in cases, it should be do-able.

completely different Tangent here, but can someone explain putting the cheerleaders in the stands for football? Seems like if you don’t want them getting sick you’d keep them on the field 🤷‍♂️
I think they’re less concerned w cheerleaders. Don’t want them to infect others on the sideline

VN Store

Back