The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

I generally agree, however that's with normal time in between games and an ability to go home and reset/recover mentally. Them being in this bubble and no true home court advantage I think keeps the players locked into a certain mindset and always "on" to a degree. I think momentum actually carries over from game to game more so right now. I think this/these bubble situations are fascinating and producing interesting outcomes in sports.

Good post and No doubt these times with the bubble figures in. Obviously baseball is a different sport but i have seen front end of DHs end with crazy momentum on one side and the second game to the compete opposite to play devils advocate a little your point of turnaround times and such.

Reactions: JelloPuddinPup
Good post and No doubt these times with the bubble figures in. Obviously baseball is a different sport but i have seen front end of DHs end with crazy momentum on one side and the second game to the compete opposite to play devils advocate a little your point of turnaround times and such.
Fair enough but I'd also say the pace of the games are entirely different so hard to compare apples to apples but I do see your point there. Both are elite athletic competitions of the best in their game.

Reactions: BruinVol
Barnes is getting TN to the place that Devoe had them in his first year. Devoe peaked in year one and couldn’t keep us there. Had he been able to build momentum KY and TN could have been the SEC’s version of UNC and Duke in the ACC. TN had a solid history before Devoe’s fade, Wade, KO, Drunkle Jerry, BuzzBall, Pearl’s flame out, Cuonzo getting his butt hurt, and Cheating Donnie.

Devoe only had to stay ahead of 8 teams to get TN alongside KY. Barnes has 12 other SEC teams all fighting to be a contender.

Think BD will stay in the NBA. Despite the flame out, this last season showed he's capable. Unless someone in the NCAA throws a Calapari deal at him I think he stays at the pro level.

This is just so monumentally stupid I don't even know where to start.

Seeding would be a NIGHTMARE.

#1 Kansas vs. #349 Loyola Marymount (Round 1)

This is just so monumentally stupid I don't even know where to start.

Seeding would be a NIGHTMARE.

#1 Kansas vs. #349 Loyola Marymount (Round 1)

It would be like an #86 seed, remember they don’t have a 68 seed now, 4 teams per seed...could be even more if they made more than 4 regions.

Can someone with a 247 sub please post this article?

On Tuesday afternoon, Tennessee landed Jahmai Mashack. Mashack is considered the No. 43 prospect in the 247Sports Top 150. He joins Kennedy Chandler, the No. 18 player in the 247Sports Top 150 to create an excellent two-man class so far in 2021.

This is coming on the heels of the Volunteers landing Jaden Springer and Keon Johnson in the class of 2020.

While both Springer and Johnson could find their way to one and done status, it is more likely than not that each of them, who were five-star prospects in their own right, will spend multiple years in Knoxville.
What this is doing, is it is giving Tennessee multiple top 50 talents that will be leading their team, but also doing so as older prospects and not just as freshmen.

When you surround players like that with solid program pieces such as Santiago Vescovi, potentially Yves Pons and a player such as top 100 prospect Corey Walker, it makes things look very nice in Knoxville.

Then, if you get some good fortune and Josiah-Jordan James returns for his junior season, all the sudden the Volunteers 2021-22 roster is going to be looking as good as about anybody in the country’s.
Exploiting this sweet spot in college basketball recruiting isn’t easy for a number of reasons. One, the players are hard to get. Two, it is impossible to know exactly who plans to stick around multiple years. And then three, not everybody in this range works out.

Still, when it can be done and done well, the last decade has shown that is the blueprint for advancing to the Final Four, and potentially being a national champion.

If Rick Barnes and his staff can keep landing top 50 caliber talents who spend multiple years in Knoxville, the Volunteers could be looking at some seasons like we have seen recently from Villanova where despite the lack of and done talent, national championships aren’t out of the equation.
b.snow

VN Store

Back