The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

The only issue I see with this strategy is if schools fill up with underclassmen, then next year it’s back to 13...now you’re having to run multiple kids off to get back down to 13.

I would assume you’d have the same limit, but the senior hold overs wouldn’t count toward the limit

I would assume you’d have the same limit, but the senior hold overs wouldn’t count toward the limit
Right, so then it’s back to the issue of having some teams with 17 scholarship players and other teams that maybe only have 8-9? And given the current recruiting restrictions in place it’s going to be very difficult for teams to try and add players this spring.

Man it's going to be weird with zero sports being on for several weeks. Guess I'm going to be catching up on movies, shows, and video gaming.

Man it's going to be weird with zero sports being on for several weeks. Guess I'm going to be catching up on movies, shows, and video gaming.

Yeah like I wasn’t heavily watching NBA or NHL this year but it was nice to have it one and I was excited to watch conference tourneys/vol baseball. No clue what I’m gonna do tomorrow.

Right, so then it’s back to the issue of having some teams with 17 scholarship players and other teams that maybe only have 8-9? And given the current recruiting restrictions in place it’s going to be very difficult for teams to try and add players this spring.

Yah it’s gonna be weird for a while

If they do anything they should just allow any senior an additional year and no limitations to transfer. Maybe increase the scholarship limit to 14 for everybody for one year only.

I would say you allow the seniors to come back to their teams, only their teams from this year, they don’t count towards your scholarship limit but each team is limited to 13 available scholarship players. So Tennessee for example could bring back Bowden and Turner, but would have to redshirt say Gaines and Pember.

I would say you allow the seniors to come back to their teams, only their teams from this year, they don’t count towards your scholarship limit but each team is limited to 13 available scholarship players. So Tennessee for example could bring back Bowden and Turner, but would have to redshirt say Gaines and Pember.

I don't want to see any type of exception that will benefit Auburn. 4 senior starters iirc.

Yeah like I wasn’t heavily watching NBA or NHL this year but it was nice to have it one and I was excited to watch conference tourneys/vol baseball. No clue what I’m gonna do tomorrow.

Same, at the least I usually would have the Predators or Grizzlies game on, or a Vols' baseball or softball game. And if not those I would always have some kind of sport on one of my TVs or computer monitors going on WatchESPN/ESPN+. Now I guess I'll just The Office going on a loop.

Reactions: zjcvols
Basketball players don’t have a leg to stand on for coming back another year. Keep in mind Many teams seasons were all ready concluded so you can’t allow some and not all.

Spring sports are a different story

Reactions: BisonVol
Basketball players don’t have a leg to stand on for coming back another year. Keep in mind Many teams seasons were all ready concluded so you can’t allow some and not all.

Spring sports are a different story

Yep. Most had no postseason future after the conference tournaments concluded. I hate it for those who would have been playing in the NCAAT, NIT, and CBI, but it kind of is what it is.

I don’t have a problem granting an extra year for spring sports.

I would not for winter sports

Same, at the least I usually would have the Predators or Grizzlies game on, or a Vols' baseball or softball game. And if not those I would always have some kind of sport on one of my TVs or computer monitors going on WatchESPN/ESPN+. Now I guess I'll just The Office going on a loop.

I’m probably gonna watch all six games of the World Series and play video games. All I do is watch sports. Not even sure I need my cable package for the next month lol

I’m probably gonna watch all six games of the World Series and play video games. All I do is watch sports. Not even sure I need my cable package for the next month lol
I'm going to watch my tape of us at Rupp this season every day until I've brainwashed myself into believing it was a great year.

So, anybody got any good jokes or anything? I'm now ordered to work remote for at least a month and 3 days straight in my house with zero sports and I think pretty soon my dog is going to start talking back.

So, anybody got any good jokes or anything? I'm now ordered to work remote for at least a month and 3 days straight in my house with zero sports and I think pretty soon my dog is going to start talking back.
My contribution:

Rather than see patients directly, doctors in the coronavirus era are going to teach patients how to take care of themselves.

Patient: “I’m in labor!”
OBGYN: “Alright, make sure you push. Halfway through pushing, you also will have to pull. Don’t worry, I’m here for you - at a nice social distance of 6 feet away.”

That’s my best joke so far based on watching a Diagnosis: Murder episode about a hostage situation in the birthing area because there was literally nothing on Spectrum. You can replace the doctor with whatever type you want - I posted it for brainstorming purposes

Attachments

• 5B526F62-C874-4649-81A0-94AE8969C5AA.png
    5B526F62-C874-4649-81A0-94AE8969C5AA.png
    501.6 KB · Views: 14
So, I'm in Vegas and I go to a "ho-house", throw down $5000 to the "Madam" and say, " I want the fattest, ugliest ho u have and a bologna sandwich." The Madam says, " For $5000 u can have our prettiest girl and a four-course meal". I replied, " I'm not horny or hungry, I'm just homesick". Bwaa-ha-ha, that's the best I got

VN Store

Back